Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Think I'm in early labour! Any hope in hell of getting more sleep??

(9 Posts)
u32ng Fri 04-Dec-15 10:21:49

Aside from a few snatched 30mins here & there I've basically been awake since 1am with very sporadic, low down front (and a bit of back) cramps. I'm exhausted!!sad

In bed with my TENS on now...am I likely to get some more sleep in case things kick off?? (Once I get off mumsnet that is haha)

Runningupthathill82 Fri 04-Dec-15 11:38:58

Sleep! Sleep if you possibly can! If you do end up trying to push a baby out over the next 24 hours, you will be so grateful for any snatched sleep you can get now.

First time round I ended up trying to push after 48 hours of being awake. It didn't help matters.

Preciousxbane Fri 04-Dec-15 11:44:52

Sleep and eat hot cross buns and fish pie, that's what I did.

Let us know when he/she arrives.

bobsalong Fri 04-Dec-15 11:45:06

My labour started at 5am and I was getting about 5 hours a night by then, but I just wasn't tired once I knew I was having contractions. If you really can't sleep then just do something relaxing. Have a bath, read a book, drink some warm milk.

toohardtothinkofaname Fri 04-Dec-15 15:12:21

You'll be too excited to sleep I bet! Just rest & take it easy. Bath, lie in dark room, gentle yoga. Good luck!

MrsHenryCrawford Fri 04-Dec-15 15:34:44

I found sitting on the couch more comfortable, was able to doze while watching box sets. Best of luck!

u32ng Mon 14-Dec-15 10:25:09

Hello! So I was in labour! Went off to hospital mid afternoon and my beautiful DS2 was born at teatimesmile

I didn't get back to sleep unfortunately but I did try!

jamtartandcustard Mon 14-Dec-15 12:38:17

Congratulations xx

justjodie92 Sun 20-Dec-15 05:21:15

Congratulations!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now