Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Little weight gain and not much of a bump

(6 Posts)
Sunshine511 Fri 04-Dec-15 09:01:43

Hi ladies

I'm just over 15 weeks and I've only gained 2.5 lbs and don't have much of a bump at all.

I had gained about 9lbs at least by this point in my last pregnancy! I was probably more active then and eating the same as I do now.

My starting weight was 8st 12lbs.

I'm just wondering if this could be a bad sign? I didn't have any morning sickness so didn't lose any weight in the 1st trimester!

Thanks for your help ladies! Hope I'm just worrying over nothing!x

duckyneedsaclean Fri 04-Dec-15 09:06:19

If your 12 week scan was fine (presumably it was) just enjoy it. You're lucky!

Sunshine511 Fri 04-Dec-15 09:22:53

Awww thank you! Yes my scan was all fine but it was actually a little early for a 12 week scan (10.5 weeks). I think I've just been concerned because I've not followed anywhere near the same pattern as last time! I suppose every pregnancy is different smile

Junosmum Fri 04-Dec-15 11:40:36

By 15 weeks I had virtually no bump and had lost 8lbs

shipperssss Fri 04-Dec-15 11:44:42

I had my 16 week MW appointment a few weeks ago and actually got the MW to weigh me as before TTC I had lost a few stone and am a little worried about it all piling back on. I had put on between 1-2kg and was 9st to begin with.

She said this was absolutely fine and was not worried in the slightest! I am 17+4 today and only just starting to look a tiny bit pregnant, so pretty similar to yourself.

Sunshine511 Fri 04-Dec-15 11:46:36

Thank you so much for the reassurance ladies! I bet I'll be glad by the end of pregnancy to have not put on too much! Either that or I'll start piling it on soon!! Haha x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: