Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Late pregnancy sickness

(4 Posts)
nannyabi88 Fri 04-Dec-15 01:34:46

My daughter is 33 weeks pregnant with her 3rd little girl. She has been vomiting for 5 days. Despite being in hospital for 3 and having intravenous fluids, anti sickness meds etc, we are no where near knowing what is causing this There is no infection and any bug she may have picked up would surely have disappeared by now . I am wondering if anyone has gone through same or similar experience during the latter stages of their pregnancy .
From a very baffled and extremely concerned grandmother

originalusernamefail Fri 04-Dec-15 01:46:28

Was her sickness bad at the beginning of the pg? My case is slightly different as I suffer from HG and the sickness started at 4 weeks and hasn't stopped yet (currently 35 weeks). Sometimes HG can reduce for the middle of the pg only to come back at the end, what do her doctors say? I feel for her though sickness in late pg is soul destroying.

nannyabi88 Fri 04-Dec-15 09:43:20

Thank you. I'm sorry to hear you're suffering as well. We looked into HG after reading your reply. It certainly looks like my daughter is experiencing all these symptoms. Seems the next few weeks is going to be hard for her as there are no signs of it easing off. As the article we read says. She is having a scan and seeing the consultant today. We're going to ask for a change of anti sickness tablets as the ones the hospital gave to her don't seem to make much difference. If anything she says the make her feel more unwell. Thanks again for your advice. All the best to you.

April2013 Fri 04-Dec-15 09:52:43

Try the pregnancy sickness support website too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now