Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Any obstetricians, sonographers, GPs or anyone else who could help, around?

(8 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

lozengeoflove Thu 03-Dec-15 22:58:44

Hello all. At today's 20 week scan we were told that there is a blood flow issue with uterine arteries - Doppler showed that these (one? Both?) demonstrated raised PI.

I am seeing my obstetrician tomorrow but am so worried that I don't think I can sleep a wink tonight. What does all this mean? I've been rebooked for another growth scan in four weeks' time. Apparently this may or may not influence baby's growth. Normal course is to start low dose aspirin, but I'm already taking it due to a low protein C deficiency and thrombophilia gene. It worries me that there is a blood flow issue despite the aspirin!

All else seems to be ok. Please could you shed some light on this, if able?

lozengeoflove Fri 04-Dec-15 07:42:35

Bump.

Potatoface2 Fri 04-Dec-15 07:45:41

you need to be on pregnancy or baby chat

Mrspopper Fri 04-Dec-15 08:27:23

Bumping for you

lozengeoflove Sun 06-Dec-15 09:48:01

How do I move this to Pregnancy? Have already reported it to no avail.

dratsea Sun 06-Dec-15 09:56:14

PI = pressure index? but no idea what that means, nothing comes up on Google and I probably have a wider target than you, hope all well tomorrow. And I have reported on basis that responses might be are volume related.

lozengeoflove Sun 06-Dec-15 12:27:38

Thank you dratsea, I've seen the consultant and I'm none the wiser. They are increasing monitoring - monthly scans, weekly blood pressure checks. There is concern over how this will affect baby's growth.

Trying v hard to stay positive!

BeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 06-Dec-15 13:05:41

Hi all - we're going to move this over to Pregnancy for the OP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now