Talk

Advanced search

So Uncomfortable and Only 13 Weeks!

(6 Posts)
lemonslemonslemons Thu 03-Dec-15 22:39:12

Hi! I am pregnant with DC2 (just over 13 weeks) and I am beginning to get really uncomfortable. DC1 is 3 so it's been a while since I was pregnant before, but I already have a definite bump. I get uncomfortable if I have to bend over to pick something up, my ribs ache if I sit down for too long, and (TMI) I get a sore fanjo if I stand up for too long (got scary looking varicose veins in late pregnancy with DC1 and it feels the same discomfort wise)! Is this normal at 13 weeks with a second?? It doesn't feel abnormal, I'm not worried that something is wrong, I guess I just didn't expect the various discomforts this early! Any one else had uncomfortableness this early on?!

WelliesTheyAreWonderful Fri 04-Dec-15 00:44:25

Hi Lemons, congratulations on your pregnancy! My job keeps me active all day and there's no sitting down but lots of picking things up! I felt uncomfortable early on bending down (I think at first from bloating) and got very out of breath. I ended up just taking my time and rethinking the way I bent - having to do it the proper Health and Safety way! I got the sore fanjo early on too. No ideas how to help with that - it sucks. I'd totally forgotten about it though and DS is only 5 months old! Best of luck.

Everythinggettingbigger Fri 04-Dec-15 10:08:04

HI!

15+3 and been having all the same discomforts (except the fanjo (which by the way is the best word ive ever heard haha) but I did get that for about 2 years after DS whos now 5) been having them since around 12 weeks, thought I was imagining things....glad to know im not alone!

Violet88 Fri 04-Dec-15 21:14:01

Not got any of the same discomforts, but I've got really sore hips since about 12 weeks. It's at its worst when lying on my side at night, I keep waking up in pain every hour or so and needing to switch sides.

Themrsgray Sat 05-Dec-15 08:42:59

Hi all. Feel better after reading this. Not that im happy you guys are feeling uncomfortable but that im not on my own. My hips are so painful at night i am waking in the night in agony and having to rock to try and eleviate it and im only just approaching 13 weeks. Wasnt expecting this so early on 😬

wonkylegs Sat 05-Dec-15 08:56:53

I'm 17+5, with no 2 and very uncomfortable.
Rib pain and hip pain mainly. I've had it since about 10wks.
I have RA so the hip pain isn't too much of a surprise but I didn't get it so early with my DS.
I have had a refferal for physio but I seem to remember they could do little to help last time because they were worried about joint damage and the RA. (It was 7.5yrs ago so my memory is a little hazy)
My bump is huge already so I'm not surprised about the rib pain as it's obviously expanding and my boobs are really heavy too. Getting comfy is currently the Bain of my life. Warm baths help but DH has to be around to help me out or I get stuck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now