Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Brown/pink discharge 34 weeks.

(6 Posts)
Trueblue04 Thu 03-Dec-15 18:10:40

Last week I had a few days of brown/pink discharge in my underwear and when I wipe after being to the toilet. Also had mild period like pain in the mornings.
So I went to the hospital, they checked me over and pretty much said they couldn't find anything.
But again this week I have had a few days of the same thing. There appears to be more this time.
I haven't been back to the hospital as baby is still moving about like his usual self.
Any ideas ladies?

gemsparkle84 Fri 04-Dec-15 08:42:47

I have no experience (pregnant with first baby) but to me it sounds like the beginning of your mucus plug coming away. I think this can happen for up to a couple of weeks but I would defo keep on top of your midwife/ hospital with the updates as you may be prone to infection if this is what is happening. Having said that I could be wrong altogether! Good luck. Whatever it is I'm sure it's fine.

Junosmum Fri 04-Dec-15 09:45:56

I had this at 28 weeks - rushed to the hospital in a panic, everything ok. I got it again last week (33 weeks) and didn't bother ringing them and it's not happened again and baby seems fine, is moving as normal etc. Bot I have no idea what it is, just to say you aren't alone!

strawberryandaflake Fri 04-Dec-15 16:54:11

Have you had any sexy time with your partner? Sometimes the cervix can cause a bit of bleeding if disturbed. X

Missdee2014 Sat 05-Dec-15 10:00:38

I had this (minus the cramp) last week and went to the hospital. They took swabs for thrush and gave me thrush treatment away with me as a precaution.

Battleshiphips2 Sat 05-Dec-15 10:10:18

As long as it's not bright red and soaking through pads I think your ok. You can burst little blood vessels in your vagina when pg because of increased blood volume. If you start cramping or bleeding bright red definitely go to hospital. I've had bleeding since 15 weeks, I'm now 26 weeks, and baby is fine. My last bleed at just over 23 weeks was bright red and gushing out of me. Baby is still fine though. They do know where mine is coming from too. Is it still a brown colour?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now