Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Private Nuchal dating scans in london

(4 Posts)
Chickz Thu 03-Dec-15 14:37:53

Hello
I am 9+2 pregnant. The date for my scan came through today for 30 dec. However we are away over Christmas and there are no other dates available until end of jan. Which means they can do they dating scan but not the Nuchal scan as you can't do that one after 14 weeks and 1 day.
The cost of changing the flights is £190.
So I am thinking of getting a private scan before Christmas instead. Costs seem to be around £170-200 and so it makes more sense to do that than cut our holiday short.
Anyone have any recommendations of any good clinics in central London where I work or NW london where I live?
Thanks v much

bittapitta Thu 03-Dec-15 16:07:52

They can do "quad" blood tests instead after 14+1 though. Do you think you're in the high risk group already? If not I'd just wait.

Noctilucent Thu 03-Dec-15 16:48:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

angelpuffs Thu 03-Dec-15 19:29:32

Fetal medicine centre in harley street. I had a private nuchal scan at 12 weeks there and it cost £180. Brilliant- very thorough and worth every penny. They look at a lot more markers than the nhs scan too so more accurate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now