Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

In labour with my second? Or just wishful thinking... How did yours start??

(4 Posts)
justanothermummy2b Thu 03-Dec-15 06:58:19

I'm due with my second DC in about 12 days and have woken up this morning with period/back pain which is starting to develop into some irregular and mild but definite contractions about 7/10min apart.
This is pretty much how labour started with my DS 20months ago - with the added bonus of my waters going pretty much at the start of it all so I knew what was happening. But I seem to remember a few false starts in the week leading up to his birth.
I'm hoping this isn't a false alarm but while I'm waiting around to see if this is really it (and before the mind-blowing agony kicks in), I thought I'd find out how your second labours started? Were they similar or the same as your first? Or something completely different?
I was in labour for 72 hours the first time around - I'm bloody well hoping this is a good deal shorter!

Chattymummyhere Thu 03-Dec-15 11:16:30

I woke up in the morning with painless tightening. I figured Braxton hicks but then they where painful about an hour later and an hour after that dd was born.

Everythinggettingbigger Thu 03-Dec-15 11:50:56

wow congratulations! this just made me really excited im pg with DC2!! and was also in labour for 56 hours with DC1!

I hope this is it for you and it's a hell of a lot shorter!

ButEmilylovedhim Thu 03-Dec-15 12:09:18

How exciting! My second labour was preceded by my waters breaking, a few hours later the contractions started. That labour was about 12 hours long, the first was 24 hours. Hope yours is a lot shorter too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now