Talk

Advanced search

Worries and queries .... do they ever stop!?

(5 Posts)
MissN92 Wed 02-Dec-15 20:46:31

I have my 2nd scan in a week and am very nervous - what do they do at the anomaly (sp?) scan? What should I expect?
I am also not very big for 20 weeks ... how big should I expect to be roughly? I have always been little and this is my first pregnancy!
Gosh the mind just does not stop when pregnant!

jamtartandcustard Wed 02-Dec-15 21:20:02

Sorry but your post has made me laugh! My eldest is about to turn 12 - once you get that bfp, you NEVER stop worrying!
At the scan it's just like the 12 week one except they spend a bit more time checking all the organs and checking that everything is working as it should. They also measure the baby like before. Everyone's bumps are different. Some big some small, as long as the midwife is happy then that's all that matters bump size wise

Bombaybunty Wed 02-Dec-15 21:31:27

I was just about to say the same as jamtart! My 13 yr old DS is the same height as me, and I'm 5'10" and I still worry about him all the time. The worries just change.

Hopefully once you've had the anomaly scan results you'll be able to relax a bit? You'll be past the half way mark!!!

Pollyputhtekettleon Wed 02-Dec-15 21:33:20

I was still practically flat stomached at 20 wks on my first. So don't worry about that.

In the scan they will check carefully the internal organs and skeleton. If you have a nice sonographer, she (or he!) will talk you through each body part and let you know all is well as they go. Some stay silent the whole bloody time making you worry but that is normal too! Don't stress if they take ages on one part, that happens a lot as baby can be quite uncooperative so don't read anything into that.

Let her know at the beginning if you want to know the sex or not. They are usually good to be careful about that but just worth saying it to be sure.

Good luck! The vast vast majority of 20 wk scans are perfect.

MissN92 Wed 02-Dec-15 21:43:00

Thankyou for all of the kind words! If I know motherhood was like this when my Mum was about, I would have been much more understanding to pestering! Worry, worry, worry .... its auto-pilot now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now