Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Best underbump jeans

(17 Posts)
TeamSteady Tue 01-Dec-15 22:58:29

Ok this is an odd one, bear with me.

Ive had horrific sickness with this pg (dc3). Not HG, but not normal m.s either. Anyway, aside from the usual smells and food setting me off, (anything except mashed potatoes and coke, pretty much) particular "things" or even thinking about certain things sets me off too.

Totally random.. e.g. particular sets of cutlery (that had been my favourite), certain rooms in the house, and clothing. Even thinking about it now I'm heaving and retching. sad

So, now we all know I'm an odd ball...

I can't bear anything vaguely tight on bump. Couldn't even in previous normal sickness pg. HAS to be under. I am currently 12+4 and living in three pairs of trousers... a pair of low cut non mat jeans, a pair of dh pj bottoms and a pair of dh trackies... I only look vaguely respectable in the jeans. The rest of the time i look like I've just rolled out of bed..

I'm going to have to bite the bullet and get at least one more pair of bottoms. Ideally soft, stretchy jegging type things. But even looking online at them (and thinking about it while writing this) makes me heave, retch and if I don't stop, vom.

To save me taking ages and feeling horrific trawling through sites, can anyone post any links to pairs they'd recommend, pls? Ideally a decent amount of elastic in so you don't get a saggy bum/knees by the end of the day. I usually wear a size 12.

Thank you a million

SpendSpendSpend Tue 01-Dec-15 23:01:49

I never found a pair of jeans that were comfortable in pregnancy. I tried several under the bump and they just kept falling down.

Ended up living in over the bump leggings. Very comfortable

TreeSparrow Tue 01-Dec-15 23:08:57

M&S under bump "Mum" jeans. Stretchy and comfy but they will only stay up with a belt (I use a fabric belt).

Icklepickle101 Tue 01-Dec-15 23:17:00

Either Gap jeans or Next maternity jeggings. I also have some jeggings from Indigio at M & S which aren't maternity but have done me well so far (32 weeks)

Icklepickle101 Tue 01-Dec-15 23:20:10

Can't find the next ones but these are the M & S ones

m.marksandspencer.com/mt/www.marksandspencer.com/pull-on-jeggings/p/p22338173

CarShare Wed 02-Dec-15 06:14:58

Topshop Leigh style are very comfy, I have the blue and black but noticed some new colours on line. They're very soft and don't fall down.

suffolkblonde29 Wed 02-Dec-15 08:12:11

I've got these ones fro Zara and they're very stylish - reckon I'll be able to wear them after the baby is born too - www.zara.com/uk/en/woman/lace/maternity/faded-mum-jeans-c733909p3039064.html

TeamSteady Wed 02-Dec-15 12:31:42

Thanks all, ill check them out

Luckygirlcharlie Wed 02-Dec-15 13:57:11

Seraphine 'skinny' ones for me.

babybat Wed 02-Dec-15 13:57:58

Another vote for Gap - I have their under bump skinny leggings and they're very comfortable. If you google you can usually find a discount/free delivery code.

babybat Wed 02-Dec-15 13:58:36

Jeggings, that should be! Flipping autocorrect.

Pippa12 Wed 02-Dec-15 18:34:14

I always struggle with jeans- even more so when pregnant. I bought a pair of denim look leggings from George £10! They have pockets on the back and the seams are stitched to look like jeans. They aren't maternity but I just bought next size up (20 weeks) They are lovely and comfy, not saying I'd choose them not pregnant but certainly better than feeling uncomfy all the time x

emmac3616 Fri 04-Dec-15 18:54:50

Asos! I bought 4 pairs in different colours!

bittapitta Sat 05-Dec-15 06:42:32

Topshop Leigh definitely. Flattering too. I've been through a few brands and they are the best. Order a few sizes online and return those that don't fit.

bittapitta Sat 05-Dec-15 06:43:35

PS not odd at all, I had to stop wearing scarves and particular bras and never got on with over bump leggings as the tightness made my sickness worse!

purplefizz26 Sat 05-Dec-15 06:45:25

Topshop!

Runningupthathill82 Sat 05-Dec-15 07:24:33

Topshop Leigh. They're really comfortable, soft, stretchy, and grow with the bump. I can also get away with the black ones for work.
My Asos ones, by comparison, are pretty awful. They only fit for about 5 minutes at 25 weeks. Now 33 weeks and can't get in them.
Had Mothercare Blooming Marvellous ones in my last pregnancy and they were dreadful. Really thin and lost their colour straight away.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now