Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Fanny daggers.

(8 Posts)
GoApeShit Tue 01-Dec-15 21:18:39

I'm 33 weeks. Every now and again I get a sharp stab / punch...feels like this child is trying to beat his way out.

It kind of catches me unaware and I've jumped a couple of times. Yesterday a (male) colleague asked me if I was ok and I just went "Oh yeeaahhhh fine, the baby is just moving" instead of "Actually I'm getting terrible stabbing pains in my fanjo but thank you so much for your concern."

Anyone else get this?hmm

madsaz76 Tue 01-Dec-15 21:22:20

nearly crashed the car on a roundabout yesterday - sudden, sharp and made me have an involuntary twitch. Most disconcerting.

I have repeatedly explained to bubs I think he/she could be kinder but manages to hit target once or twice a day. Almost always either when i am in a meeting or driving hmm

embarrasseddoesntcutit Tue 01-Dec-15 21:41:47

Yeah, it's like I'm being prodded in the cervix! Sudden onset and very unpleasant.

tinyme135 Tue 01-Dec-15 21:42:01

I've been having them on and off since 31 weeks but since Thursday they have gotten worse and worse. I'm unable to walk at times and I'm only 34 weeks. going to talk to my midwife tomorrow about it cause they have been constant the past two days.

Oh the joys of being pregnant

Sparklycat Tue 01-Dec-15 22:04:20

I've had them from about 6 weeks in both pregnancies so annoying!

ammature Tue 01-Dec-15 22:27:53

I'm 30 weeks and have started having pains low down that feel like baby is moving against something sore but it's not my fanny more like an ovary or something?! Does this sound plausible?

Sal1977 Wed 02-Dec-15 10:37:39

Yes!! I feel like I'm being punched in my left ovary!! It's a similar feeling to sharp ovulation pain.

DH suggested I make a really loud noise when it happens to shock the baby......I managed that twice and not only did HE nearly shit himself, I just sounded like I have Tourette's!! 😆

GoApeShit Wed 02-Dec-15 17:43:23

Well I'm glad it's not just me. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now