Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

21 weeks and feeling wet all the time.

(12 Posts)
JaneS16 Sun 29-Nov-15 17:52:51

Hi all. Sorry in advance for to much detail.
I'm 21 weeks now and for the last couple of weeks I feel wet all the time, that I now have to wear a liner. I had this feeling on and off through the beginning of my pregnancy, but I have noticed it's happening all the time. So much so I sometimes rush to the loo thinking have I wet myself or am I bleeding.
Has anyone else experienced this? I have read that you can have increased discharge during pregnancy but I have also read about leaking amniotic fluid. Just wanted a bit of advice before I go running to the doctors.
Thanks x

sepa Sun 29-Nov-15 20:05:32

I have had this on and off during my pregnancy. I think it is just more discharge. I too have had to check I'm not bleeding or anything!

ToesAndFingersCrossed Sun 29-Nov-15 20:09:23

I'm 18 weeks and have had loads more discharge for about a week, and it's not showing any signs of letting up. I have also stocked up on liners.

Went to the gp who asked if I reckoned it was smelly and I said maybe, but I wash every day so...! He prescribed me some thrush cream just in case but said not to worry.

poocatcherchampion Sun 29-Nov-15 20:11:35

Ah, the joys of pregnancy!

UterusUterusGhali Sun 29-Nov-15 20:13:29

Totally normal!
One of the many things they forget to mention in sex ed.
You might have a more runny nose too.
Your mucous membranes are thinner.

Brummiegirl15 Sun 29-Nov-15 20:22:37

Totally normal. I'm 31 weeks and feel like I'm drowning in the stuff. It's wrecking my knickers

Absolutely vile and one of the "delights" of being pregnant

Icklepickle101 Sun 29-Nov-15 20:29:45

I had this sad actually went to the labour wars once and after an internal they told me it was just excess discharge and completely normal blush

gemsparkle84 Sun 29-Nov-15 20:32:32

Me too. I'm leaking all the time. Just excess discharge I'm pretty sure. It smells more as well. Not bad just like the normal smell but stronger and more potent!

LittleMouseontheDairy Sun 29-Nov-15 20:41:29

I've lost two posts about this (grr) but I was going to say 'yup me too'. 24 weeks and I think as well as the 'extra' pregnancy discharge I have 'extra' pregnancy incontinence.. I find that as well as just weeing a bit after laughing/ coughing/ lifting heavy items etc I leak a bit of urine when I get up and down from chairs/ in and out of car etc.
So my pants are a bit of a state.. blush
I worry about leaking amniotic fluid too so I sniff a lot! So glamorous..

ThursdayLastWeek Sun 29-Nov-15 20:55:56

I can't wait to chuck all my knickers away because of this!

Sleepyfergus Sun 29-Nov-15 21:08:14

In my 2 pregnancies I felt like I was sponsored by panty liners. I went through hundreds of them. Doubly worse in the 2nd pregnancy as I had piles too. The joys!

Junosmum Sun 29-Nov-15 23:26:56

Oh yes, wet and damp and moist and smelly- not offensive, just normal but more of it. Pregnancy is just lovely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now