Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

help - swollen calves and red skin

(10 Posts)
MrsCrimshaw Sat 28-Nov-15 17:08:34

is this something to worry about? over the last couple of days my calves have got bigger. i have some puffiness in the ankles, but my major concern is that the lower half of my lower legs have gone a reddish colour.

cause for concern? google isn't helping me!

RuckingMarvellous Sat 28-Nov-15 17:09:33

Phone the midwifery day unit/ maternity outpatients at your hospital.

RuckingMarvellous Sat 28-Nov-15 17:10:34

I would be concerned you had or where developing a DVT.

WhatEverZen Sat 28-Nov-15 17:24:34

Definitely ring OP

It may not be a DVT given its in both legs but things like this ALWAYS need checking out

MrsCrimshaw Sat 28-Nov-15 19:10:19

Thank you I called them and they want me to do in to be checked over. OH is a paramedic and did my blood pressure which is high so off we go!

Battleshiphips2 Sat 28-Nov-15 19:13:36

Mine went like that and I had pre eclampsia so it's definitely worth getting checked out. Could just be annoying pregnancy thing though. Hope you are ok.

Kr1stina Sat 28-Nov-15 19:16:54

Hope you are ok, Mrs crimshaw. Please let us know how you got on .

MrsCrimshaw Sat 28-Nov-15 21:39:36

Hiya just got back all is well! Thank you for the support and for getting me to call the triage line. By the time they did my blood pressure it was back to normal, and they thought my calves just had a normal level of fluid retention and weren't concerned about the reddish skin as I had no pain.

Relief! smile

Kr1stina Sat 28-Nov-15 23:42:14

That's great news, I'm glad you had it checked out

Hope you are having a quite evening at home with your feet up and a cup of tea ( decaf of course grin)

Battleshiphips2 Sat 28-Nov-15 23:49:59

That's good news. Pregnancy does weird things to you but you're always best to get it checked out. Gives you peace of mind. I find lots of water and elevated feet helps with water retention.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now