Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Thrush, yuckety TMI!

(6 Posts)
hazellnut56 Sat 28-Nov-15 08:41:34

Hi all ! I'm now 27+2 and been having thrush since the beginning (there but manageable!) the GP prescribed me a pessery and ever since discharge has been watery, I've checked with maternity triage several times and they say as long as I'm not wetting pads then it should be ok however I'm still terrified I could be leaking fluid, baby moving well and no pain just want to know of anyone else had the same thrushy symptoms ? Thanks in advance hope everyone's well! X

Petallic Sat 28-Nov-15 08:46:09

Have you been retested recently to make sure the discharge is caused by thrush? Could it be bacterial vaginosis as I thought that caused a more watery discharge than thrush. It could also just be increased discharge, my pregnancies were a couple of years ago now but I think I remember having that too.

Junosmum Sat 28-Nov-15 09:24:06

I've virtually constantly got thrush (both in and out of pregnancy). The watery discharge is just a pregnancy thing for me. I have weeks where I feel constantly wet and then a few days where it's 'normal' every one I've spoken to in RL mentions the wet thing too!

hazellnut56 Sat 28-Nov-15 11:05:37

Thanks both! I was considering it could be BV and still feels very thrushy no unusual smells etc just nice to know others have had the same symptoms and it not been leaky fluid (one of my best friends leaked at 23 weeks) so I'm constantly on guard for it now, who needs thrush or BV eh?! X

Junosmum Sat 28-Nov-15 12:39:28

Having got to know my lady area quite well in my adult years it's like a whole new world now I'm pregnant! Just so much going on down there.

BV without the awful smell is rare.

Ifiwasabadger Sat 28-Nov-15 13:08:44

I had constant thrush throughout my pregnancy and the only thing that helped was expensive probiotic tablets.

I did also have a lot of uTIs , sometimes with no symptoms....have you been checked for this too?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now