Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Braxton hicks or early labour signs?

(5 Posts)
Trace38 Fri 27-Nov-15 06:42:03

Morning - I've been getting on off period pains for the past week. I'm 35 weeks today and I had a bad tunny before bed and a bit of diarrhoea, woke up at around 3am with period pains, went to the loo and had a lot of discharge when I wiped. I didn't see the first and biggest wipe as I had the light off but I turned it on for the rest and it seemed to be pretty clear in colour. Went back to bed paranoid that it was a mucus plug - although I've no idea what one looks like! Still got period ache this morning but I wouldn't say it's getting worse. Is this pretty standard for 35 weeks?

Iammad Fri 27-Nov-15 08:40:32

It can be, I'm like this at nearly 33 weeks and it's my 6th.
Your plug is normally tinged with blood and quite big (unless it comes away in bits) .
But trust your instincts esp as your not quite 37 weeks, and phone your Midwife/delivery if your worried.

Cheshirehello79 Fri 27-Nov-15 19:20:16

Well I just lost my mucus plug yesterday 39+3 and looks like a big blob of jelly mine came out all at once and it was colourless with bit of brown but wasn't blood - I can now feel the baby very low and everything aches - mild period pains but nothing like the constant bra ton hicks been having from 33 weeks. Good luck you might be an early hatch :-) make sure your hospital vs is packed

toohardtothinkofaname Fri 27-Nov-15 19:38:14

Hey trace, I had runny stools for the past week (glorious after constipation!) and light cramping. I'm 35 weeks too so guess just normal. Baby doing a lot of growing so things might be getting a bit cramped in there

sharonthewaspandthewineywall Fri 27-Nov-15 19:50:50

38 weeks and been having these symptoms for at least 4 weeks now sorry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now