Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is it normal to feel uncomfortable towards the end?

(21 Posts)
Wishful80smontage Thu 26-Nov-15 18:39:50

I'm 38 weeks and for a week or so I've had period pain type pains, the baby is pushing down on my bladder feel like I'm constantly peeing and the heaviness of the baby is feels sore.
I didn't have this last pregnancy with dd, and I've been checked last night I'm only 1 cm dilated and not having contractions- but god I feel really sore!
Us this normal?

Wishful80smontage Thu 26-Nov-15 19:14:03

Title should have been this uncomfortable

Picnic2223 Thu 26-Nov-15 19:33:13

Omg I could have written this, I'm almost 37 weeks with baby 1 and can't understand being in this much pain already.

MrsCrimshaw Thu 26-Nov-15 19:41:00

I've been feeling exactly like this for the last 24 hours. 38+2! Just went through my hospital bag and repacked it. OH is putting the isofix base in the car now lol.

Hmummy201488 Thu 26-Nov-15 20:11:56

Im 38+2 and feel. Exactly the same!!confused

Wishful80smontage Thu 26-Nov-15 20:13:26

Things might be moving along for you both?
Does it hurt when baby is moving for you? When he's turning inside me and pushing down it really aches sad I really don't think I could cope until due date like this (I'm ignoring the possibility of going over altogether lol)

Wishful80smontage Thu 26-Nov-15 20:15:10

Have you all got back ache too?
Maybe this is normal then and last time I was really lucky? I had no pain then my waters went and a couple hours later the contractions really kicked in but no pain before waters at all,

originalusernamefail Thu 26-Nov-15 20:22:06

For me it is sad. Only 34 weeks with DC2 but it feels like he's going to drop out of me any second! Also having some particularly sharp Braxton hicks contractions. I'm fun to be around just now I can tell you hmm.

MrsCrimshaw Thu 26-Nov-15 20:24:54

Yep baby moving is really hurting. The kicks seem more vigorous than ever. I have lower back ache a lot now and didn't have it earlier.

mineofuselessinformation Thu 26-Nov-15 20:25:25

With DC2 it felt like a bowling ball was about to emerge any second.
The upside was that the birth was easier and quicker than the first. smile

Picnic2223 Thu 26-Nov-15 21:05:57

I've just had a warm bath and that has really helped ease the aches. I wouldn't object to an early baby but I think maybe in just a wimp.

Metalhead Thu 26-Nov-15 21:10:13

I hear you ladies! I'm 38+3 and booked for an ELCS on Wednesday, but yesterday and today I've been having on and off period pains, backache and just generally felt a bit "off". Would be just my luck if baby decided to come early...

Cheshirehello79 Fri 27-Nov-15 01:29:33

Ditto to everyone - I'm in agony today and realised just lost my mucus plug - the back ache is agonising and walking as if Ive shit myself- I can feel the baby quite low but no contraction 39+1 ... I'm losing my patience and just want it out now !

Wishful80smontage Fri 27-Nov-15 07:15:46

cheshire you must be close if you've lost your plug.
Ditto to the waddling like you've shit yourself been like that all week I look a bloody sight!
Just taken more painkillers for the stomach pains I can only hope this is all leading to the worlds easiest labour but I doubt it very much <scared!>

Hmummy201488 Fri 27-Nov-15 13:34:00

Hey all...this is my second pregnancy with my 1st i had an emergency c section after a failed induction at 38+5:/ never had any labor signs with last pregnancy....aprt from this awful pain in my right rib right under my bust its taking over my life!!!!! confusedits back again...
Im 38+4 tdy n have no idea wat to expect....is it too early to
Lose plug? Iv got loadsa pressure down below(tmi) can't walk 3 steps without gasping fr breath! Lol just bn having back pain past few days n feel totally dead!!! Hoping for vbac
Xx

lemon101 Fri 27-Nov-15 14:20:38

Hi All,

38+5 and just got back from the midwife to find baby is now 2/5 engaged - moved down from 4/5 in the last 2 weeks so, as my midwife put it 'his head is really very far down now isn't it?'.

I am so happy to have heard this - I'm under no illusions that he could stay 2/5 for a week or more or even move down a bit more and just stay there - but it totally validates the fact that I can barely frigging walk!

Seriously I went for a 3k walk the other day and couldn't sleep that night because my pelvis felt like it was being split apart! I am huge and only comfortable in leggings, it is touch and go if I can get out of bed in time to avoid wetting myself at night and putting my socks on is a herculean task.

In short - I am with you guys! And I have to admit misery loves company - it is kind of comforting that others are having the same issues!

whatsoever Fri 27-Nov-15 16:06:18

I'm not quite 31 weeks and feel like this - pretty distraught at that thought of at least 9 more weeks of this!

Went to an ante-natal class for women with pelvic/back problems yesterday and despite being the least far along, I was one of the biggest/waddliest!

I think I was about 36 or 37 weeks when that sort of feeling started last time (and DS was born at 41 + 3).

MrsCrimshaw Fri 27-Nov-15 16:20:53

Rib pain today! feels like baby is trying to push off from my ribs to swim down further, like doing a tumble turn in the pool...

ChicaMomma Fri 27-Nov-15 16:43:21

I feel this way already, at only 30 weeks, god help me in 6-8 weeks time

Metalhead Fri 27-Nov-15 17:51:33

My midwife said the same today lemon, so at least I'm not imagining it all! Had the worst nights sleep last night, I thought I couldn't get any more uncomfortable but it seems I was wrong...

MrsCrimshaw Sat 28-Nov-15 14:32:00

I've taken to sleeping in the spare room :-S I start off with good intentions in our room together, but when the insomnia/rls/burping kick in I get up and move so as to minimise disturbance to OH and to stretch out across a king size bed all to myself

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now