Talk

Advanced search

please help me make sense of this!

(8 Posts)
Bloodyhellfire123 Thu 26-Nov-15 12:36:54

I have polycystic ovaries so haven't had a period since late August.
Had a positive pregnancy test on the 5th- because of unsure on dates they gave me an early scan today. Pregnancy looks normal but is only measuring at 5 weeks.

That can't be good news can it? I had a positive over 3 weeks ago so surely I should be more like 7 weeks. I also did a digital test 2 weeks ago which said 2-3 weeks then which would have put me at 4-5 weeks then. I've had a mmc before and just can't bear the waiting again but the epu were very non committal and I have to go back on the 14th sad

LouLou030783 Thu 26-Nov-15 13:01:15

I had an early scan and she said I was 6 rather than 7 which I don't think can be correct I think sometimes these early scans are too hard to size and interpret xx did EPU sound concerned

Bloodyhellfire123 Thu 26-Nov-15 13:05:19

No they didn't sound concerned at all..they said it looked healthy. But the dates just CAN'T be right. Argh.

There was only a pregnancy and yolk sac so I reckon 5 weeks is about right

LouLou030783 Thu 26-Nov-15 13:47:10

Perhaps the test was just wrong especially fact that they aren't concerned, u could just have ovulated later..I know it's easy to say but try not stress/worry too much 14th isn't too much longer xx

Bloodyhellfire123 Thu 26-Nov-15 15:57:08

Argh I know..it's just the waiting that killed me last time. I just don't see how I would have got a positive test at 2 weeks??

Everythinggettingbigger Thu 26-Nov-15 15:59:37

not quite the same but I when I went to my 12 week scan going by my dates I would have been 12 weeks exactly, as the first day of my last period was 12 weeks to the day.....yet they dated me at 13 weeks!

Bloodyhellfire123 Thu 26-Nov-15 16:07:18

That makes sense I guess. .the midwife was explaining today that when they put you at 4 weeks when you get your BFP that's just an average. Still I don't feel at all comforted that I'm weeks behind what I expected.

kamillaw Thu 26-Nov-15 16:24:10

I thought those clear blue dating tests were not to be trusted? I have been through mmc and have had one healthy baby since and am pregnant again with no3 so try not to be too worried (much easier said I know)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now