Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

less movements at 23+5

(8 Posts)
Worryingmum2b Thu 26-Nov-15 10:15:49

is it normal for the wriggling and flutters to decrease at this point? they only really started about 10 days ago and last week they were really frequent but I was on holiday whereas I'm back at work this week so I don't know if maybe that's why the movements are so much less? (basically just a few flutters once or twice a day as opposed to lots all day last week). I don't want to worry unnecessarily but it's my first and I don't want to leave something if it is unusual. thanks.

helloelo Thu 26-Nov-15 12:09:50

It could be that you're less focused on it if your mind is busy with work.
But the rule of thumb is get it checked. So call your MW.

Worryingmum2b Thu 26-Nov-15 12:23:05

thanks, I don't like being such a worrier but I'll give her a call this afternoon if I still don't feel much smile

chaosagain Thu 26-Nov-15 13:32:14

It's her job to respond to this kind of concern and its exactly the kind of thing you should check out, just to be sure..

Sanch1 Thu 26-Nov-15 18:24:48

They wont generally be concerned at this point as the baby is still small and able to hide in places you cant feel. Its more from 28 weeks that its more important to monitor changes in movement. No harm in a call though for reassurance.

Worryingmum2b Thu 26-Nov-15 20:40:38

thank you for the support and advice, typically once I'd posted this bubs started wriggling about more throughout the day, maybe because I am a day off today so haven't been on my feet all day like the rest of the week (I'm a nurse), I've got a midwife apt next week so will keep an eye on it between now and then and call if I'm worried. thanks again xx

gemsparkle84 Fri 27-Nov-15 16:24:13

I'm 26 weeks after feeling loads of movement from about 17 weeks I had on/ off days from about 23 weeks... She still has quieter days now. I had a word with midwifed when I went to see her. I don't get too concerned because lying on my back/ side for a couple of minutes I usually feel a wriggle or two smile

Midwife said they want 10 movements a day up to about 28 weeks then you should be getting 10 movements in 2 hours. She also said 10 movements a day is an average- if you're used to baby 200 times a day and you only get 10 that's not enough. She said any concerns go to the unit. I think all in stay calm at this stage... A sugary drink and lie down usually do the trick, if it doesn't just ring for advice.

I'm sure baby is fine! Good luck!

zannyminxoxox Sat 28-Nov-15 08:11:11

A couple of days ago my baby stopped moving so much and mould just get odd wiggle here and there in morning and in the evening, but he seems to have changed position and I feel him alot more now, so maybe it was the position they was in, which made the movements a bit more reduced, but makesure your still counting your kicks and get checked out if your still worried

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now