Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone else suffering from insomnia...?

(13 Posts)
Reebok Wed 25-Nov-15 21:15:04

Or is it just me?

I seem to struggle to sleep...and by the time I manage to sleep I'm waking up to pee or dd wakes up crying. By the time I finally manage some sleep it's 6am and I have to get up for work. I'm exhausted but just can't sleep!

GoingLoopyQuickly Wed 25-Nov-15 22:59:24

I did with dc1 and can feel it starting again now. I am early so going to try acupuncture to see if it helps!

InsufficientlyCaffeinated Thu 26-Nov-15 04:42:45

Only 5 weeks pg but been unable to sleep for more than a few hours for the last week. Hoping this doesn't last all the way through. Used to suffer from insomnia from teens to mid-20's and I'm not keen to go back to that constant feeling of grogginess but unable to sleep. Been up since 3am this morning.

InsufficientlyCaffeinated Thu 26-Nov-15 04:43:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

E11Chick Thu 26-Nov-15 06:23:36

Yes :-( an now 11+1 and I don't think I've slept right through since the night before I found out I was pg. Current trend is waking at around 3 needing a wee and not really getting back to sleep which is making me exhausted! X

BurningGubbins Thu 26-Nov-15 06:29:42

Yes! Slept until 3, went to the toilet and then was awake until 4.30, mind racing. I'm now up for work. Argh!

Candlefairy101 Thu 26-Nov-15 06:34:59

Yep, and it's always 3am that I wake every day confused why 3am what's so special about 3?

Gemmabircumshaw1985 Thu 26-Nov-15 07:26:05

puts hands up and waves I'm 37 + 2 and I've been like this for a few weeks now. Luckily for me I'm on my maternity and thank goodness I am, I can't imagine going and doing a 9 hour shift so I feel for you ladies working. My family are like well at least you can nap in the afternoon. Thats the thing I can't even nod off then! I've never suffered with this I can normally sleep for England. Its rubbish! Oh well not much longer smile

Reebok Thu 26-Nov-15 07:37:15

Glad to hear I'm not the only one! Last night was the worst...between dd crying, waking up to vomit or pee and sciatic pain I slept maybe 2 hours. I look like shit! Almost 18 weeks...arghhhhhhh roll on maternity leave. I can't deal with work anymore.

SunnyDays1987 Thu 26-Nov-15 10:20:38

I had it from the night before I found out I was pregnant until after my son was born. So so awful. It really makes me scared about being pregnant again and having to look after a toddler on crap all sleep.

Pollyputhtekettleon Thu 26-Nov-15 10:27:48

I downloaded a hypnobirthing course onto my phone and have been attempting to prepare for labour with it but it bloody puts me to sleep within minutes. I've been having some insomnia where I will be awake for 2 hrs but when I give in and put on the tape, I'm gone in seconds. I still have 11hrs of the bloody course to get through and am 39 weeks as I keep falling asleep when I listen to it.

Basically I highly recommend a hypnobirthing course on your phone to combat insomnia even if not to hypnobirth.....

InsufficientlyCaffeinated Thu 26-Nov-15 10:40:55

Good tip Pollyputhtekettleon, I'll give it a go!

BurningGubbins Thu 26-Nov-15 20:14:56

Will definitely be trying that. It was a struggle to contain my rage at everyone and everything at work today... Dealing with a toddler this evening was also not a joy.
I'm generally not a good sleeper these days (thanks motherhood!) but this is taking the piss.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now