Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is peppermint tea safe in pregnancy?

(4 Posts)
zippyswife Wed 25-Nov-15 20:14:34

Because I'm addicted to it and drinking it by the bucket full (never drunk it pre pregnancy so definitely a craving!!) just dawned on me though is it safe to drink (30
Weeks).

GastonsChestHair Wed 25-Nov-15 20:18:40

Absolutely.

Good for tummy aches and heartburn too.

Sighing Wed 25-Nov-15 21:37:40

It's great. Apparently less good for breastfeeding as peppermint can supress lactation. (But it takes a LOT)

GirlSailor Thu 26-Nov-15 16:43:45

It's meant to settle your stomach so good if you're feeling with morning sickness or when the baby is taking up all the space your digestive system used to have later on.

I haven't noticed it helping at all with sickness but I've been drinking it quite a bit since early pregnancy as a caffeine free hot drink and drank buckets when of it I came down with a horrible cold a couple of weeks ago and couldn't stop coughing. I'm due in a couple of days so was really uncomfortable coughing so much and it really helped.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now