Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

bio oil

(7 Posts)
Minniemouse94 Wed 25-Nov-15 20:08:09

What else did people use other than bio oil?
It doesn't seem to be helping with the stretch marks on my breasts so just wondering what all you's used? X

HD18 Wed 25-Nov-15 20:12:17

I've been using the palmers coconut butter, there is one that is marketed especially for stretch marks which is more expensive than the normal palmers one...just a rip off as they are exactly the same. Got mine from boots, I'm still early (12 weeks) so not sure when you are meant to get them but haven't got any yet....hope this helps

Champagneformyrealfriends Wed 25-Nov-15 20:12:00

It won't get rid of existing ones I don't think. My sister used clarins stretch mark control cream and it really faded hers xx

MrsCrimshaw Wed 25-Nov-15 20:13:08

I'm afraid once you have them it's basically scar tissue so they can't be got rid of, no matter what the product. However they should go silvery and fade.

My OH was at a medical conference a few weeks ago and spoke to an experienced maternity nurse about stretch marks - she said the only way to avoid the build up of scar tissue is through massage - it doesn't matter what you massage in (bio oil, coconut oil, expensive mummy-targetted creams), it's the act of massaging itself.

I have been alternating bio oil and coconut oil every day and giving it a proper massage. into the skin I still have ended up with purple lines on my boobs.

LucyMouse Wed 25-Nov-15 20:17:19

My stretch marks from DC1 faded within 6 months from very angry red thick marks to very faint silvery lines.
I haven't bothered with any bio oil 2nd time around because I wouldn't be upset with the same result, iyswim? I would still wear a bikini etc without any worry.

ToffeeForEveryone Wed 25-Nov-15 21:54:34

I got some Mama Mio oil (in TK Maxx - it's quite pricey otherwise). I like it better than the Bio Oil, sinks in faster and skin still quite moisturised at the end of the day. I might actually pay full price for another once this bottle is done ... Both seem much better than the Palmers cocoa butter.

TreeSparrow Wed 25-Nov-15 22:25:37

None of the expensive oils our creams will make any difference. Buy cheap almond oil (a litre pump bottle on Amazon is £7) and massage daily. It's the massage that makes the difference, not what's on your hands when you do it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now