Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

18 weeks haven't felt anything yet!

(3 Posts)
MissN92 Wed 25-Nov-15 17:51:46

Hello!
I have just hit the 18 week mark and still haven't felt anything - although as this is my first pregnancy I am unsure as to what I would even be looking for or how soon anything would happen!
My lower abdomen has also been aching intermittently and feels like its hard or tight ... and lifting my leg up/bending straight down to put shoes/socks on is proving a bit more difficult - my last midwife appointment was a couple weeks ago and my next one not until after Christmas (excluding 20 week scan!) so I didn't think to ask about these things then! In need of some reassurance - is this all normal, or should I think about phoning the doctors/224 hour midwife number?

Thankyou in advance!

Champagneformyrealfriends Wed 25-Nov-15 18:00:20

It feels like a muscle twitch to begin with in my experience. I felt mine move very early but my placenta is low lying. If yours is at the front you might not feel movement until 20+ weeks. Try not to worry-a lot of women feel nothing until 24 weeks. Xx

guineapig1 Wed 25-Nov-15 18:07:58

If you have an anterior placenta I.e. The placenta is in the front not very good technical description sorry then it is quite common not to feel anything until after about the 20 week mark. Assuming everything else is fine I wouldn't be too concerned but no harm in phoning your midwife if you are a bit worried. They would prefer you to be cautious and will hopefully be able to reassure you and maybe fit you in for a quick check.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now