Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Early scan - no baby in uterus

(19 Posts)
CarrieBaby2 Wed 25-Nov-15 14:18:24

I have just found out i am pregnant
3 positive tests
As well as bloods...

Had cramps in my stomach so was sent to hospital for a internal scan (bear in mind i found out i was pregnant and sent to hospital all in same day)

I expected the internal to show up a baby but to my dismay, there was nothing?

She said its either a very early pregnancy or a pregnancy of an unkown location?

Im so confused hurt and upset. Both me and my partner no longer know what to think!!!!!

Kaytee1987 Wed 25-Nov-15 14:27:52

What was the first day of your last period? If you're very early then nothing would show yet so don't worry too much, also some cramps are normal x

leaningtoweroflego Wed 25-Nov-15 14:28:25

My sympathies, you must be experiencing a roller coaster of emotions right now.

Others with more knowledge may be along soon, but I think all you can do is prepare for all evantualities and trust that in time you will know.

You might well be pregnant.

It could have been a chemical pregnancy.

Are they worried about an ectopic pregnancy? Have they ruled this out? It's important to rule it out.

spacefrog35 Wed 25-Nov-15 14:28:39

How pregnant do you think you are? It's quite common that at very early scans they can see a sac but no baby. I think up to 6 or 7 weeks this isn't uncommon. Did they say they would scan you again in a couple of weeks time or have they asked you just to wait and see?

I'm sorry it's so confusing and horrible not being able to get an answer out of people but it may just be at the minute they don't know.

CarrieBaby2 Wed 25-Nov-15 14:58:43

Last night they done the internal
And iv to go back tomorrow for another scan

Thing is i have no clue of my dates as my periods are irregular

Kaytee1987 Wed 25-Nov-15 15:02:54

Try not to worry too mucheap as you could be as little as 3 weeks and it could show up on a pg test but they wouldn't see anything in scan. If you count from the first day of your last period then that's the 'most' pregnant you could be x

Kaytee1987 Wed 25-Nov-15 15:06:51

Much**

cloudjumper Wed 25-Nov-15 15:35:29

It's most likely way too early to see anything. I'm astonished that they sent you for a scan so quickly (and then drew conclusions from that), if there is a good chance you could only be 3-4 weeks! Rule of thumb is that you could expect to see something at around 6 weeks (5 if you are lucky), but even then it's hit and miss. Anything before that causes unnecessary concern, as you are now unfortunately experiencing!

When was your last period? If you take your LMP, you can play around with dates to try and determine a 'rage' of how far along you are - but it's always going to be a guess... Really sorry you find yourself in this position, but the best you can do is wait for at least 2 more weeks and then have another scan. Have they said what they want to do in terms of monitoring? They might take your bloods to check your Hcg levels. The uncertainty is awful, but don't despair just yet flowers

CarrieBaby2 Wed 25-Nov-15 18:15:20

Back tomorrow again. Still sore tonight sad

helloelo Wed 25-Nov-15 19:20:31

blood test should come back with bHCG dosage which will tell you how far along you are (roughly).

CarrieBaby2 Wed 25-Nov-15 19:44:42

Got my bloods done last night
So hopefully when i go tomorrow and gets bloods etc done il know more

Geexox Wed 25-Nov-15 23:16:18

Just wanted too share my story with you, I tested positive and was sent to the hospital with pains they took a test and bloods all showing pregnancy, I went back the next day for an internal, and they found NOTHING I was then whisked away to a quite room and they told me my baby was ectopic and growing in my Fallopian tube so the doctor said I'd have to have an operation to remove my tube I was devastated they tried to send me to surgery and I point blank refused too go! I was in a LOT of pain by this time and they told me my life could have been at risk, but I still insisted they wait an scan again, anyways they scanned two days later an found the "yolk" in my womb exactly where it should be! It turned out I had not one but TWO cysts on my ovaries causing the pain, I went on through all my pregnancy and had a healthy little boy! Just goes too show how wrong they can get it!! If I had listened too them I wouldn't of just lost my precious boy if of had half a chance of ever having a baby! Make sure you properly get answers make them re do bloods! Cos they can be VERY wrong,
Good luck hope everything goes well xx

CarrieBaby2 Thu 26-Nov-15 14:27:51

Went over to hospital this morning.. Didnt have a scan just more bloods..

They said they will ring later today with the results. Such an awful emotional waiting game

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Peyia Thu 26-Nov-15 20:52:39

Lovely of you to share gee, such a wonderful result. It's important to not loose hope!

Wishing the best for OP flowers

CarrieBaby2 Fri 27-Nov-15 09:46:57

I cntacted the hospital twoce yesterday and once this morning. Still no news. They keep saying doctor will ring me back

Really annoyed with the way i have been treated from tuesday.

CarrieBaby2 Fri 27-Nov-15 10:19:05

Results are back..
Levels have gone from 500 to 900

They are still concerend about the pain
And are going to rescan and more bloods tomorrow..

helloelo Fri 27-Nov-15 10:39:13

Tomorrow with bHCG levels near the 1000 they should be able to show you a gestational sac on the scan. Don't worry if there's nothing in it yet, I will come later. The important thing is that the sac is in the uterus. I found this website very detailed about early pg: baby2see

CarrieBaby2 Fri 27-Nov-15 12:02:36

Thanks for the information..
Hopefully i will know something more tomorrow x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now