Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

feeling better today and worried about it!

(8 Posts)
socktastic Tue 24-Nov-15 17:27:07

If I could have words with my brain I'd have some choice phrases for it!

I've been bad with nausea past few days, but not felt too bad today. Also suffered constipation for aaaages and I managed a poo quite easily today (tmi I know!)

Reason I'm worried is last pregnancy ended in mmc at 8+6 discovered at 12 week scan. I'm 9+2 today and worried history is repeating itself.

Have words with me please!

Sighing Tue 24-Nov-15 17:34:03

brew it's a rollercoaster after miscarriage, isn't it. I worked to a 2/3 day change in symptoms to get me through the first 12 weeks. One relatively easy day doesn't spell clear cut disaster x

madsaz76 Tue 24-Nov-15 17:35:34

1) from extensive reading on here it seems every pregnancy is different
2) your symptoms might be back soon anyway
3) no words from me or anyone else will ake away your anxiety - you have had a previous bad experience and the first trimester is psychologically very tough even without your baby loss. I found every thing worrying - feeling better, feeling worse, weight gain, no weight gain....

Hot. Ones have plenty to answer for on top of your hopes and dreams smile

All you can do is look after yourself right now, try to chill if possible. Maybe a bit of nice visualisation . Fingers crossed you will just be having a good day. flowers

Sighing Tue 24-Nov-15 17:35:20

(My dh still laughs at me. Today for example i am being kicked. But stressing it isn't as uncomfortable as it was 2 days ago).

madsaz76 Tue 24-Nov-15 17:35:56

Hot ones = hormones

Who knows how my phone came up with that

FuzzyOwl Tue 24-Nov-15 17:50:00

Sorry to hear about your mmc socktastic. I had one last year as well and spent all of my subsequent pregnancy being terrified. Everyone tried to reassure me that symptoms do tend to subside a bit after eight weeks and for me it was quite normal for things to go away altogether for a few consecutive days and then return. I spent a ridiculous amount of time researching and not only are the odds of not miscarrying in your favour, the odds of two consecutive mmc are miniscle. I know from my own experience that knowing all of this didn't stop me worrying, but hopefully it will bring you some comfort.

Mummageddon Tue 24-Nov-15 20:43:27

I had four nausea-free days at 8.5 weeks before it kicked in again. I have history of mmc so was very worried but everything was fine (am 15 weeks now).
I asked for an early scan but they wouldn't do it just for lack of nausea.
It's so hard and I felt like I was going crazy at the time.
Wishing you all the best flowers

socktastic Wed 25-Nov-15 17:20:59

Thanks for all the positive thoughts and advice. Glad to report that today, I feel like crap!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now