Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Restless legs??

(11 Posts)
Sleepingbunnies Tue 24-Nov-15 17:04:02

I have been up since 330 this morning. I work full time in Central London and have 2 DC already and am 7 months pregnant... Please someone tell me how to stop restless legs. I have not had more than 4 hours sleep a night for the last 2 weeks!!

GastonsChestHair Tue 24-Nov-15 17:05:57

Ugh total pain in the arse

GastonsChestHair Tue 24-Nov-15 17:07:49

Sorry my phone had a flip out there!

You have my sympathies.

Have a warm bath before bed. Avoid caffeine at night. If it happens, get up, walk a bit. Have your dh rub them. The midwife told me to eat a banana too.

ChicaMomma Tue 24-Nov-15 17:11:25

200-300mg of magnesium, taken an hour before bed. I'm screwed without it.
Epsom salts in a bath also work. Both fine during pregnancy, have checked with both midwife and consultant ob.
have heard others also say drinking soda water helps!

GoApeShit Tue 24-Nov-15 17:12:36

I have no advice (marking place hopefully). It is so fucking annoying. It's just the most stupid thing in the world. What's the point in our legs fucking twitching?? Honestly.

SoontobeMommyof2 Tue 24-Nov-15 17:35:04

Schweppes Indian Tonic Water this really helped me although it doesn't taste the best.. drink with ice and it makes it slightly better. X

GoApeShit Tue 24-Nov-15 19:26:30

Tonic just makes me crave gin envy

goodnightdarthvader1 Tue 24-Nov-15 20:01:30

Bananas help me a bit.

MrsCrimshaw Tue 24-Nov-15 20:58:15

I've tried everything but had no luck! Got RLS really badly. Twitching through the night, even twitching myself awake! Had bloods checked, taking supplements, magnesium oil spray, copper bracelets! The only constructive advice from the midwife triage line was to take Piriton to make me drowsy but I don't like taking it every day.

Sending hugs.

bluewisteria Tue 24-Nov-15 21:08:02

I have this very badly. A few days ago I bought a salt body scrub and a body brush and use both in the shower, the brush sweeping up towards the heart in short fairly hard strokes. Feels wonderful, and restless legs have stopped completely. No idea why, maybe a total fluke but I haven't changed anything else!

Sleepingbunnies Tue 24-Nov-15 21:10:28

My friend has recommended reflexology but I don't know if it's an expensive waste of time?!

I hate tonic sad

Thank you for all the suggestions though ladies

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now