Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Implantation or period?

(5 Posts)
purplecarnation27 Tue 24-Nov-15 16:05:37

Hello! It's the first time I'm posting on one of these boards so I hope this is the right way to do it! This month I started tracking my cycle and using the cbfm. My husband and I aren't actively ttc but we're not doing anything to prevent it either - we'll be happy with any outcome and intend to start trying properly in the new year.

Anyway to get to the point....I realised having tracked this month and backed up by my fertility monitor that we erm...did the deed...twice in the days leading up to ovulation. Anyway, I didn't think anything of it because like I said, we're open to any outcome. I didn't get a peak on the monitor but it's my first cycle using it so that's really common apparently.

I have really irregular periods. This year they have been anything from 54 days to 28. I think I ovulated bang on day 14 this month so I was expecting my period from day 28 which was Sunday 22nd Nov. Yesterday when I wiped there were drops of pale pink so I assumed AF had arrived. This progressed to one wipe of bright red last night, one very dark clot and some brown spotting in between (sorry TMI!!) Then woke up this morning and NOTHING!!!

Could this be implantation bleeding?!! Sorry for the essay but I'm going slightly crazy sad

Chattycat78 Tue 24-Nov-15 16:19:20

It could be, although implantation bleeding is supposed to happen before your period is due I believe- in other words, when the embryo is implanting which would be 6-12 days after ovulation. However, that's not to say it definitely isn't. Are u sure you ovulated on day 14? If you get long cycles sometimes it's possible that you're not due on your period yet anyway. The only way to know for sure is to test. Saying that, I would only ever test when I had waited until the longest cycle date so I could be sure I was late.

purplecarnation27 Tue 24-Nov-15 16:38:01

Thanks chattycat78. I'm questioning my chart now because it is unusual for me to have a cycle of 28 or 29 days. It's about 32-33 on average. I thought I had ovulated on day 14 because of my cm but I could be wrong. I kept getting highs on the cbfm from day 11 onwards and hadn't peaked by day 19 which would suggest I didn't ovulate until later. I assumed that the monitor had missed my peak. I stopped testing on day 19 but now I'm thinking that I could have peaked over the next two days which would be day 20 or day 21. Then if yesterday was an implantation bleed it would 9-10 days after ovulation. If I assume my period isn't due until day 33, that would be this Friday.

Chattycat78 Tue 24-Nov-15 16:43:48

I would wait for a few days I think. Even if it was implantation, it wouldn't show on a test until around 14dpo anyway, so about a week after an implantation bleed I reckon.

purplecarnation27 Tue 24-Nov-15 20:21:35

Ok, I'll try and wait until at least this weekend to test...AF might appear in full force before then anyway but I'm hoping it doesn't smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now