Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Any ideas on the sex of this baby please?

(5 Posts)
poppodom Tue 24-Nov-15 14:30:56

Hi all, this is my first scan & the nub is quite clear. I've read about the nub theory but it's hard for me to see, especially because the spine isn't flat. I can see a fork I think too?! Any ideas or advice?

thenewbroom Tue 24-Nov-15 14:51:44

girl smile

Fugghetaboutit Tue 24-Nov-15 14:57:55

Girl I think

Everythinggettingbigger Tue 24-Nov-15 16:04:00

What is nub theory?? how do you work it out? my baby wouldn't even face us to have its pic taken smile

How amazing is your pic though little cutie already!

poppodom Tue 24-Nov-15 16:36:56

Thank you smile You see the white think sticking out the end of my baby's bottom? Well every baby has one of these at this early stage - girl or boy. The theory is that if it is a girl this white "nub" lies flat against the body, or inly slightly tilted, whereas a boy's nub sticks up (anything over 30° apparently!). I hope I've explained this correctly! But the baby has to be in a flat lying position with the spine flat. Apparently... Your baby is definitely hiding!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now