Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Does anyone else feel really quite normal in their third trimester? Ie no aches, pains or niggles!

(10 Posts)
Whoknewitcouldbeso Tue 24-Nov-15 11:32:20

It makes sense to me that most of the posts I read online are going to be from people who are getting annoying/painful symptoms in the last stage of pregnancy. I just wonder if there are lots of others who feel quite un-pregnant?

I'm only just into the third tri at 29 weeks so there is plenty of time for problems I know. I just feel so very normal I even convinced myself something had happened to the baby that I went in for monitoring on Sat evening. Thankfully all is fine, measuring a week behind using the tape but have a growth scan on Thurs so I should get an idea if the baby is doing ok.

I carried my son small and was doing an active job with no probs until 36 weeks with him, so it's not that strange for me. I just thought with this being my second pregnancy I was going to get a lot bigger or get more issues.

Junosmum Tue 24-Nov-15 12:39:32

I never got a second trimester glow -in fact it was almost as bad as the first trimester, just with less sickness and more uncomfortableness. I'm now 32 weeks and feel great! A few weeks ago I had some SOD but with some exercises etc that appears to have gone. I'm a little tired but I get that this time of year anyway.

I'm just waiting for it all to go wrong!

Whoknewitcouldbeso Tue 24-Nov-15 13:05:28

Me too!

lemon101 Tue 24-Nov-15 13:25:15

I was totally normal until about 34 weeks and then bam - all of a sudden massive and finding things harder!

I'm 38 weeks now and feel fine most of the time, but a couple of long days in work will result in me feeling like I want to die the third day! When the baby drops this is when you really start to find it difficult to walk etc and have crunchier hips in my experience.

So there is still time! Or you may get lucky again!

lovemakespeace Tue 24-Nov-15 13:26:37

I have always felt much better at the end of my pregnancies - the start was very difficult for the first two but with my daughter (DC2) I really felt great even at 41 weeks!

I am 21 weeks with DC3 and the start has not been too bad so I hope that does not spell trouble for further along... ;)

Whoknewitcouldbeso Tue 24-Nov-15 14:17:02

Thank you for the replies. Nice to know it's not that strange to feel ok. With DS he never dropped so I was still feeling ok the day I went into labour. I shall have to see how things go. I've only put on a stone so far so that might be helping me but again I'm expecting to put on quite a lot more in the last few months so I might be updating this thread soon enough having a moan 🙊

sherbertlemon17 Tue 24-Nov-15 20:23:37

37+3 today and just now starting to feel a bit more rough. Baby looks like it's dropped down a bit, so my hips are my main issue. Definitely been lucky to get this far feeling so normal!

Junosmum Tue 24-Nov-15 21:20:33

We are hosting Christmas this year (I'll be 36+6) so I really hope I still feel good.

I am getting more tired, but I will have been on mat leave a week by then so hopefully will be rested.

toohardtothinkofaname Wed 25-Nov-15 06:09:50

35 weeks & feeling great! Only carrying in the bump which is still quite small but not enough for mw to worry. Going on maternity leave soon though so could balloon & get harder I suppose.

Enjoyingthepeace Wed 25-Nov-15 06:15:07

At 34 weeks I sent my husband an email saying I felt I could run a marathon because I had so much energy and felt so damn good! It lasted right up to due date, then after that I felt pregnant, really pregnant. No pains or niggles though. Just slow

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now