Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pains at 11 weeks

(13 Posts)
HD18 Tue 24-Nov-15 09:56:46

Hi all, this is my first post so please bare with me.....I'm now 11 weeks and 3 days and have my first scan next Thursday. For the last 2-3 days I've been getting stabbing type pains in my tummy area....it's not period type pain in the lower area it's coming from the right and left sides near my belly button. I was basically just wondering if it's still normal to get pains near the end of the first trimester? I'm hoping that I'm just being paranoid as all my symptoms have gone now so I'm not feeling "pregnant" so maybe I'm just clinging on to something but it's causing me a bit of anxiety and just want to know everything is okay but with another 9 days to go it's making me go a little bit crazy lol! Any advice welcome....thank you smile

SoniaShoe Tue 24-Nov-15 09:59:03

is there any way it could be trapped wind? not sure its the right area for that but that can cause those kinds of pains at this stage of pregnancy.

HD18 Tue 24-Nov-15 10:03:51

SonieShoe - I did think that initially but I'm pretty confident it's not, like you said not in the right area and to avoid TMI I'm pretty regular lol! It comes and goes throughout the day, it's not excruciatingly painful or anything but I do notice it and it stops me in my tracks when it comes....

Pagetta Tue 24-Nov-15 12:23:27

could well be indigestion of some sort, even if you're pretty regular! I am suffering from shocking heartburn and indigestion and getting all sorts of random pains from belly button upwards that come and go. midwife said they sounded like digestive issues and not a worry, especially if they come and go and aren't constant.

also midwife said that all your ligaments stretch as your uterus moves up out of your pelvis, so it could be linked to that and to all of your organs shifting around?

Good luck with scan - mine's next friday eep!

HD18 Tue 24-Nov-15 12:35:45

Pagetta - It could very well be, it's my first pregnancy so no idea what's "normal" to be feeling....if there is such a thing! Lol! I think because my symptoms have gone as they apparently naturally would towards the end of the first trimester it's just panicking me....fingers crossed everything is okay at the scan though.
Aw how exciting! Good luck with yours too!

Whiskers10439 Tue 24-Nov-15 22:47:14

I'm at 13 wks and have had mild/uncomfortable lower belly pains since about 9 wks. I'm sure it's ligament pain. Best way I can describe it is, it's like I have a bruise inside my belly and every now and the someone gives it a sharp poke! Happens if I move too quickly, sit down hard or sneeze! It's just everything stretching out. Does this sound similar to your pain? (My 1st pregnancy too smile)

HD18 Wed 25-Nov-15 06:24:01

Whiskers - yep pretty similar, I ended up calling my midwife yesterday just to make sure and she said it was all really normal and still just stretching and growing pains. She said as long as there is no bleeding to go with the pains everything is fine. Felt so much better after speaking with her. I spoke with a friend of mine and she said throughout the whole pregnancy you will always have little niggly worries about things. I think once I've had my scan I will feel 100 times better as I just need to see everything is okay for myself.... I think it's bloody torture they make you wait this long for a scan lol! Have you had your scan yet??

Whiskers10439 Wed 25-Nov-15 20:21:51

Yeah, I had a scan at 9 weeks and everything is looking good, heartbeat & right size etc. I have my next apt. booked for the 3rd (so, the same day as you I think!) and I can't wait - I constantly feel like I need reassurance. I'm worried about everything! I've been feeling sick, which I hate, but then if it eases off for a few hours then I start to think that maybe something is wrong. Crazy, I know!
Good luck for next week!

HD18 Wed 25-Nov-15 20:53:24

Yes mine is the 3rd too!! Scan buddy's! Haha! I literally cannot wait and am wishing my life away until it gets here lol! I'm a bit of a self confessed control freak so this is making my need to know everything so much harder! Although the nausea is horrible I somehow feel much better when I get it as it gives me a small piece of comfort that I still have pregnancy symptoms....it's the days where I don't feel pregnant as such that I worry the most....but I think naturally we will worry at little things anyway. Congrats with your early scan! Glad everything is good....so lucky you get to see baby again next week, I think I would have a scan every week if I could just to see him/her haha!

Whiskers10439 Wed 25-Nov-15 21:08:00

I know, me too. I live in Germany and so the system is a little different as it's all private medical care. There doesn't seem to be the structured set weeks when everyone has their scans, it's up to you and your doctor. In a way I'm almost grateful for the morning sickness as I take it as a good sign everything is as it should be. Good luck for your scan next week, when are you due?

Geexox Wed 25-Nov-15 23:07:36

Sounds like round ligament pain , I had it bad and it can be really quite painful! Try not too worry too much or speak to your midwife!

HD18 Thu 26-Nov-15 15:13:27

Thanks Whiskers, I am due 11 June. You?

Whiskers10439 Thu 26-Nov-15 16:47:07

30th May smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now