Talk

Advanced search

Dealing with bad morning sickness whilst looking after a baby or toddler already

(6 Posts)
Chattycat78 Mon 23-Nov-15 19:25:47

Just that really. I have a ten month old and I'm 7 weeks pregnant with twins. I feel terrible. I'm throwing up several times a day and feel sick basically all day. It's not like I can take myself off to bed with a small person to look after! Help! Any tips or suggestions?

bingeddybongo Tue 24-Nov-15 09:47:09

I'm now 19 weeks pregnant with a 2 and a bit year old... I had a horrendous first 14 weeks, though with a bit less vomming than you by the sounds of things, and though I'm afraid I can't really offer any tips I didn't want to leave you here on your own!

I spent all day every day eating Werthers, it was the only thing that stopped me feeling sick, and I felt like death from 11:00 onwards and hated every second of every day but somehow I got through it. Being at work got me through the days because I hadn't told anyone so just had to get on with it (with five bags of Werthers in my desk drawer), how I didn't get sacked I have no idea, but evenings and weekends were a real struggle with DS... there is just no time to have even five minutes on your own with your feet up! I just tried to focus on the fact that at some point it would be over, and thankfully it was over a couple of weeks earlier than with my DS.

Hugs and strength smile

skankingpiglet Tue 24-Nov-15 12:59:50

I'm really struggling with the sickness this time. Not actually sick unfortunately (that always made me feel better with the last pregnancy), just constantly feeling on the brink. DD is 17mo. There is a lot of kid's TV going on in this house at the moment! I've found good quality tonic water and fresh lime has helped a bit, but too much quinine during pregnancy is not a good thing so I'm trying to limit myself to a small one every few days. Pick'n'mix has also been my friend.
Last time it lasted until 4.5 months when the heartburn took over sad I'm hoping it'll be done with much sooner this time. Please.

Chattycat78 Tue 24-Nov-15 13:20:04

Thanks guys for the replies. It's nice to know I'm not alone! I'm trying to work out currently what I can get away with eating without throwing up! Quavers seem to be working well.....

April2013 Tue 24-Nov-15 13:56:34

Oh it is so awful, I struggled with this for the last few months, hope you feel better soon. I recommend ready meals or V easy meals for your toddler and lots of CBeebies and for you try and have a wide range of random things available to eat\try at all times plus I guess anything you can do to make the practical side of vomiting with a toddler easier eg bucket in living room, good luck and congratulations smile

bebo100 Tue 24-Nov-15 14:49:07

I feel for you. It's truly horrible. Nothing like a toddler bashing the loo seat on your head whilst you're chucking up.

Just don't feel guilty about whatever you need to do to get through the day. CBeebies and kids apps on your phone might not be the best parenting but if you're unable to leave the house or even the bathroom needs must.

Try to look after yourself as well as possible - hunger and tiredness make the sickness far worse - although I know that's easier said than done.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now