Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

slimming world while pregnant

(6 Posts)
Jo6526 Mon 23-Nov-15 18:46:22

Hello

I've been trying to do slimming world past few weeks, I went couple of years ago and it is a great healthy eating plan. I don't really have time to join a class just now so working from my old book.

Is anyone else doing SW?

Also does anyone know if I should be having extra A or B choice?

LibraryMonster Mon 23-Nov-15 19:10:27

Hello, Yes I've been doing it however only for the last week. I don't go to a meeting, just use my old books (I'll start again after baby is here) I put on so much weight in the first trimester I felt hideous. Following the plan has got me back into cooking healthily again as I'd fallen into a convenience food trap as I was so tired. I actually feel much less sluggish since following it, could be a coincidence (I'm 16 weeks) but I think it's most likely to be diet!

You get an extra HExA and HExB. smile

Jo6526 Mon 23-Nov-15 20:17:12

Aw good one you starting back, I think if I get tired I know I'll struggle as SW takes lots of planning but I'll try best I can.

That's great about the extra a and b choice!!

LibraryMonster Mon 23-Nov-15 20:49:54

Yeah I'd struggle without the extra choices as I've needed more snacks since being pregnant, hence the epic weight gain! blush

socktastic Mon 23-Nov-15 21:25:56

Being completely honest with you, I've found SW too hard to stick to. I was determined to stay on plan but the further into the pregnancy I've gone, the worse I've felt - I've been rather symptomatic - and really for me the only thing that alleviates the nausea is to keep eating!

I have a freezer full of beautiful fresh meat which is just sitting there as all I seem to be eating is processed crap and carbs!

I hope it works out much better for you than it has done for me!

Jo6526 Mon 23-Nov-15 22:28:13

Socktastic I agree it's good diet but at times really hard to stick to - let alone being pregnant. I suppose only plus is you can have carbs with SW.

Think it will depend how I am, I'm still really early 5+5 so don't feel bad just now and can cook but if I start to feel tired/ off food then it'll be a different story smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now