Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

10 weeks in 2nd pregnancy and still not showing - normal?

(8 Posts)
Pagetta Mon 23-Nov-15 16:56:36

i'm now 10 weeks and not showing at all. I've gained no weight - in fact lost a pound this week!

I feel a little bloated in the evenings, but my clothes all still fit exactly the same.

I have my scan a week friday, but i'm getting incredibly anxious as to why i'm not showing, especially as this is my second - and everyone i speak to / everything i read says i'll show sooner this time.
I saw the midwife last week she said 'oh its totally normal, your uterus is still in your pelvis, but the next week or two it will start coming up over that and you'll start to show.' But that was a week ago and still nothing.

I've been so anxious since i found out i was pregnant - i was last time too - it just seems forever to wait for this scan!

I have had other symptoms - really bad hormonal moods, bad skin, terrible indigestion and heartburn. But then i worry these could all be blamed on anxiety, and that just makes me more blimmin anxious!

Agh i just need to get through the next 10 days. is it normal not to show or is it worth contacting midwife?

hellsdells82 Mon 23-Nov-15 17:55:53

Hi pagetta
at 10 weeks you dont really nees ro worry,your uterus is still low down,and yoir are probs one of those lucky ones that stays small for some time. I had hyperemesis in this and last pregnancy and in my last i didnt show until after 20 wks and yet this time..as soon as i hit 12wks i ballooned. You will eventually start to see your belly pop up. Just wait a few more weeks and give it more time. Xx

mrsmugoo Mon 23-Nov-15 18:05:06

I'm 11+4 in my 2nd pregnancy and have gone from flat stomach to not being able to do up my jeans in literally the last 24 hours.

5madthings Mon 23-Nov-15 18:08:54

Normal. It varies from person to person.

I am 21weeks with number six and now getting a bump, wearing size twelve rather than size ten jeans. I have been the same with all my pregnancies.

Some peoole show earlier, some don't.

ProbablyMe Mon 23-Nov-15 18:10:39

I'm 14 1/2 weeks into my 6th pregnancy and am only just showing!

Raxacoricofallapatorius Mon 23-Nov-15 18:12:12

Seriously, your baby is still really small and your uterus will still be tucked into your pelvis. Most people aren't showing at 10 weeks. Any 'bump' at this stage usually comes from bloating more than the actual uterus.

This level of anxiety does seem excessive. Is your midwife aware of how anxious you are?

strawberryandaflake Mon 23-Nov-15 18:18:23

Very normal, baby is still tiny. I used the pregnancy+ app, it was sooo useful xx

bonzo77 Mon 23-Nov-15 18:18:53

Pretty normal. The whole pregnancy is within your pelvis so any bump is fat or bloat. Also pretty normal to lose weight due to appetite changes. I've just had DC3. With each pregnancy I got a bit bigger (so needed maternity jeans) around 16-18 weeks, and was noticeable pregnant by around 28 weeks. I also lost between 7-10 lb in my first trimester each time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now