Talk

Advanced search

period 17 days late negative tests?

(7 Posts)
JLK1995 Mon 23-Nov-15 14:23:41

Hi my period is 17 days late I've done God knows how many tests but still negative! Have no feeling of even coming on a period, pregnant like symptoms: sore boobs, feels sick, tired a lot but as I've said negative tests! I've ready some stories where people say if you haven't had a positive by now your probz not pregnant and others saying chances are you are but not showing up?? Can someone give me some advice I really want to be pregnant but don't want to get my hopes up? Thanks

JLK1995 Tue 24-Nov-15 05:43:02

Oysterbabe Tue 24-Nov-15 06:41:33

I think it's unlikely tbh. You'd be about 6 weeks by now. Baby should have a heartbeat. Seems impossible for that to be the case when your hcg levels are too low to be detected.

Sgoinneal Tue 24-Nov-15 07:50:31

Only possibility for a bfp is that you ovulated late. I was on cd39 when I got my first faint line. Do you know for certain when you ovulated?

3point14159265359 Tue 24-Nov-15 08:00:21

I don't want to alarm you but ectopic pregnancies can give false negatives. See your GP ASAP.
www.ectopic.org.uk/patients/diagnosis/

GuybrushThreepwoodMP Tue 24-Nov-15 10:07:08

You probably just ovulated late and so your period is due later than you think.

FrancoisLaPrune Tue 24-Nov-15 11:20:20

JLK1995 my period was 15 late before I got a BFP and I am now 23w 4d.

BUT I must have ovulated twice during that cycle because I know the date I ovulated before my missed period (I was doing ovulation tests) and based on those dates I should be 25wks pregnant now. When I went to my first scan I measured 13 days smaller than my dates and am only 23.4 as above so the only way that could have happened is if I ovulated twice.

So, in a long winded way I am saying you may still be pregnant if you have the symptoms but you may have ovulated twice or late. I would go to your GP, which is what I did as I was convinced I was pregnant despite the negative tests. They examined me to rule out ectopic and referred my for a blood test

Good luck

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: