Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Diet and Pregnancy

(4 Posts)
FamilyNutritionCoach Mon 23-Nov-15 14:03:19

Is anyone following a special diet before or during pregnancy?

goodnightdarthvader1 Mon 23-Nov-15 14:22:10

I am eating all the things.

That is my diet.

Lucky I'm still a size 12 grin

LilyRose16 Mon 23-Nov-15 14:57:24

I started pregnancy with all the best intentions, then sickness kicked in at 8 weeks so i ate toast and crackers for a few weeks, felt better by week 13 but my eating is by no means as healthy as i would have wanted. Usually a conscious eater but for some reason healthy food doesn't appeal anymore. Not eating takeaways as such so it could be worse but i find a microwavable cottage pie is more appealing than making a stirfry.. Could be worse i suppose!

1frenchfoodie Mon 23-Nov-15 18:45:43

Not following any special diet - just more than usually conscious of getting 5+ fruit and veg a day. I have the odd day when I am ravenous and have found rice cakes and sugar free jelly a good means to avoid tipping any old junk in my mouth. I did spend one month of 1st trimester mainlining crisps and dip but luckily went off them and healthy eating has (touch wood) been easy since.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now