Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Waking up at 3.50am every morning! Any one else have random body clock? 32 weeks pg

(18 Posts)
Rpj16 Mon 23-Nov-15 11:07:50

That's it really... Every morning without fail I wake up at ten to 4, then go back to bed again! Any body else have wierd body clock? confusedgrin

Rpj16 Mon 23-Nov-15 11:08:52

Ah, what am I thinking with the title, I knows it's not random if its the same time every morning! Haha

cloudjumper Mon 23-Nov-15 11:36:02

Me! 34+3, and I wake up every morning between 4-5am, for various reasons. Last week, it was hip pain, today it was stuffed nose. I struggle to go back to sleep, even though I am really tired confused

I had the same thing in my previous pregnancy, so I am resigned to this now being the norm until the baby arrives...

fairyfeatures Mon 23-Nov-15 12:50:29

I had this for about a month or so during late 2tri and early 3tri. Except I couldn't go back to sleep. I called it my witching hour. Bloody horrible.

Now at 34 weeks. I cant move without waking up. I'm very tired!

MrsCrimshaw Mon 23-Nov-15 13:04:41

Total sympathy OP. I've got awful insomnia (37+6) I will go to bed but wake up with restless legs and wide awake after about an hour and a half. Then I'm awake until about 5 am. I don't know whether I'm coming or going!

Shirkingfromhome Mon 23-Nov-15 13:07:46

Me too. Although I get this before I even know I'm pregnant (which I've now cottoned on to) all the way to the end. It's craps and even worse now this is dc2.

It really doesn't help when people say "oh your body must be in training for all those sleepness nights" angry

mrsmugoo Mon 23-Nov-15 18:15:59

Yes I've got the dreaded 4-6am preggo insomnia too but as I've generally had at least 5 hours sleep by this stage I count myself lucky and know that this is nothing like what it's like with a newborn not even close grin

Rpj16 Mon 23-Nov-15 21:36:57

Glad its not just me! Sorry to hear some of you find it hard to get back to sleep. Sometimes I find rolling my ankles helps get back to sleep (I don't know why)

Mrsmugoo, I keep thinking that! Its my first and I think I'm in for a shock. Mat leave starting in a few weeks so will sleep as much as possible then! X

Oysterbabe Mon 23-Nov-15 21:51:57

I usually wake up around then due to horrific nightmares. Last night in my dream I had the baby and it was attacked by a dog.

Luciferbox Mon 23-Nov-15 21:54:38

I did with DS1. Around 4.45am everyday from about 32 wks. I watched a lot of box sets. You have my sympathies.

MrsCrimshaw Tue 24-Nov-15 02:08:00

hello world, my restless legs are twitching to buggery and I am wide awake!!

Cheshirehello79 Tue 24-Nov-15 02:25:01

ive been in bed since 9pm and I'm still awake - this has been going on since 36 weeks I'm 38+6 today

Sighing Tue 24-Nov-15 04:28:31

Hi. Yes. All the way through this pregnancy (now 26 weeks). 3 am today. Occasionally I get back to sleep (msybe 3 nights a week).
I just wish I could get motivated to do things in this time!

DowntonDiva Tue 24-Nov-15 06:39:59

I'm only 22 weeks and this weekend I've had a 1.30am, 3.30am. Cannot get back to sleep for love nor money!

Last two days have been a glorious 6am - I feel so much better for it. I generally walk around feeling like I have hideous jet lag shock

MrsCrimshaw Tue 24-Nov-15 11:18:02

I feel hungover without the bonus of the fun beforehand!

Bixxy Tue 24-Nov-15 15:19:49

Yes here too! Last time I remember it was later on in preg that I started with insomnia, but I'm 15 weeks now and I've had it for a while. Generally tossing and turning between 4 and 6am sad

ChicaMomma Tue 24-Nov-15 17:12:33

2am, then again about 5am and that's it for the day.. oddly though i dont feel that tired. Also have an 18 mth old so i guess i'm just used to the disrupted nights!

mrsmugoo Tue 24-Nov-15 18:27:50

I'm the same chicamomma - I think since having my DS I can survive on much less sleep than I used to!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now