Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

5 month old and pregnant again

(7 Posts)
Littledragon79 Mon 23-Nov-15 08:30:50

I don't know how this has happened (well obviously I do but YKWIM) we have had sex once and used a condom.

How hard will this be?

My DS is high needs and suffers with reflux but things have just started to get easier.

Also, my DB and SIL were very upset with my first pregnancy as they were going through IVF. We have just begun making steps to rebuild our relationship as they are wonderfully having a baby now. This baby will be due a month after theirs, I think this may be a kick in the teeth for them and don't want to steal their thunder as this is their special time. I also cannot deal with the stress of another fall out during another pregnancy.

Any advice is welcome.

WorzelsCornyBrows Mon 23-Nov-15 08:38:53

First of all, you don't steal someone's thunder by having a baby, you can't claim a whole month and say nobody else can have a baby within that month. If they respond in any way other than being happy for you, they are being unreasonable.

There's no denying it, you're going to have your hands full, but in terms of positives, you won't be over the baby phase so having another will hopefully be a smooth transition. I'm told that once you get past bottles and nappies it's hard to go back to the baby phase, so at least you won't have that. You will manage. I had a 20 month age gap with mine, so a bit longer than yours will be, but it was absolutely fine. I'm not going to say it was easy, but I don't think having a newborn is ever easy. Mine are the best of friends already and can entertain each other for ages (I can drink hot tea again now).

Littledragon79 Mon 23-Nov-15 09:29:26

Thank you for your reply. I was thinking that it would be good to get the baby years done pretty close together maybe not this close and that they will hopefully be the best of friends being so close in age.

I'm still in total shock if I'm honest, keep thinking of practical things, will have to prospone my nursing course, our car won't take two babies (it's hard work with one) and we are tied into a contract with it and (this ones a bit selfish) I won't be able to make the stone roses gig that has been on my bucket list since being a kid!

LouLou030783 Mon 23-Nov-15 10:11:00

If db and sil are anything other than happy then that is their issue unfortunately it is not anyone's fault that they have had to go through IVF and they shouldn't hold any resentment to you for not having to go through that it's completely unfair of them to behave like that, they can't just expect other people not to fall pregnant because they are I'm sorry I think their attitude is completely selfish.its a niece/nephew for them you would think they would be happy and supportive.

And a small age gap will be hard but ur kids will prob be very close I'm going back to nappies after 10 years lol. When mine is born DS will be 13 and DD will be 10. Don't know how I'm gonna manage baby again lol xx

You will be absolutely fine is there nothing that can be sorted ie car??? Ps maybe baby will come before the stone roses gig in July and u never know they may do another X don't give up all hope of doing that

JellyBaby26 Mon 23-Nov-15 10:13:47

I'm in a similar position. Dd is 6 months and I'm 11 weeks.

She is highly disabled with special needs and terrible reflux. I have also done it without a diagnosis....

You'll be fine, you just manage!

Iammad Mon 23-Nov-15 10:31:55

You will be fine, my middle 3 were 25 months and under and one is autistic.
I'm 32 weeks with a 13 month old, it can be challenging but your get over the nappy stage,baby/toddler stage and they will have a play fightmate.
My eldest is 15 and tbh he is worse then the younger ones confused

Stinkilinky Mon 23-Nov-15 12:58:31

Thank you for the reassurance everyone. Motherhood hasn't come naturally to me so I'm worrying how I will cope with two but as the news is sinking in, excitement seems to be overtaking the worry!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now