Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Long shot I know, but anyone else pregnant who has previously had surgery for GERD?

(5 Posts)
MrsNikiC Sun 22-Nov-15 20:32:32

Having some real issues with morning sickness. I've had four previous stomach operations which have made it impossible for me to physically be sick. Meaning that all in constantly doing is retching and it's awful. I know it's a long shot, but wondered if anyone else on here who is pregnant has had the same surgery and issues during pregnancy?

lilygirl81 Mon 23-Nov-15 09:40:05

Hi

I've had the operation too, but I do occasionally seem to manage to vomit, but it hurts and makes me think I'm going to choke! It's utterly horrible isn't it

MrsNikiC Mon 23-Nov-15 17:04:53

As much as I wouldn't wish this on anyone it's nice to know someone else is the same. I can't vomit at all. So it's constant painful retching. Leaves my stomach so sore afterwards. I've found that eating little and often seems to keep the sickness back a bit!

lilygirl81 Wed 25-Nov-15 12:49:08

I'm relying on ginger at the moment to get me through the worst of it. I'm a bit worried as I am meant to be having an endoscopy soon because I'm struggling to get food to pass properly, they said it's fine while pregnant, but still not so convinced by getting sedated.

MrsNikiC Sun 29-Nov-15 13:12:37

I've read sedation is completely safe while pregnant. I know a friend of mine opted not to have it and was able to still have the endoscopy using the numbing throat spray. Just depends how calm you are. Hope you get it sorted soon xXx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now