Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Am I having another miscarriage?

(18 Posts)
strawberrysundae Sun 22-Nov-15 09:13:19

I have already had 2 losses this year. The last one had no sign of problems until I got to 12 week scan and I had a sac that had grown to 12 weeks but the baby had been reabsorbed. I am 7 weeks pregnant and went for a reassurance scan yesterday where I saw it measuring the right size and I saw and heard the heartbeat. However by the time I went to bed, I was bleeding and I still am. I don't know what to do or who to call. I doubt anywhere will see me on a Sunday. I am guessing this is not third time lucky sad

juneau Sun 22-Nov-15 09:26:16

When you 'bleeding' do you mean spotting (which could be caused by the internal scanning wand pressing on your cervix and making it bleed a bit), or something heavier?

GloriaHotcakes Sun 22-Nov-15 09:29:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

strawberrysundae Sun 22-Nov-15 09:37:03

No the ultrasound was an external one. I found a lot of blood in my pants as if there had been one gush. I don't know wat colour as my pants were black. I went to bed with a pad and there is nothing on it but there is still some blood when I go to the toilet. Sorry about the tmi. There is a pregnancy unit but they only open Monday to Friday xx

holdmybeer Sun 22-Nov-15 09:43:23

I'm so sorry you're going through this. I previously had 2 miscarriages and am now 37 weeks pregnant with my 4th pregnancy. I had bleeding in all of my pregnancies so please don't think this is indicative of a miscarriage. You've seen a heartbeat which is a very good sign.

In my 2nd and 3rd pregnancies, bleeding started at the weekend. I rang ooh's who asks me to go in and they arranged appointments with EPAU for when they were next available. My local EPAU only offers very few appointments each day so ooh's was the difference between getting a further scan on Monday/Tuesday or having one wait until the end of the week.

strawberrysundae Sun 22-Nov-15 10:08:48

I hope you are right x

Brummiegirl15 Sun 22-Nov-15 15:35:43

At 17 wks you may be to far on for EPAU, if it's heavy you may wish to call the delivery suite (number will be on front of green notes) for advice or actually just got to A&E

I've had 3 mcs and I feel you fear. Good luck and hopefully it's nothing

strawberrysundae Sun 22-Nov-15 18:00:56

I am only 7 weeks. My 12 week scan was for a previous pregnancy. I called 111 earlier and an out of hours doctor called me, but I have to wait until the unit opens tomorrow morning and wait in line

holdmybeer Sun 22-Nov-15 19:31:17

Good luck for tomorrow. I have been there and know what you will be imagining right now sad. No one can tell you what the outcome will be, I just wanted to give you a little bit of hope that sometimes it's not as bad as you fear.

TwigsWithStupidLittleLightsOn Sun 22-Nov-15 19:45:30

What a shit situation. I remember being in your shoes and frantically phoning EPUs on Monday morning (which is of course their busiest day). If your local one won't see you tomorrow then be prepared to phone around for an appointment.

I really hope you get some positive news. Will be thinking of you flowers

strawberrysundae Sun 22-Nov-15 20:24:15

Luckily they have a walk in session every morning so I should get seen without having to come back another day, I may just have to wait a while. Unfortunately I know from when I had my first loss. I just can't believe that in the AM I had managed to see baby on screen for the first time in 3 pregnancies and its ending so soon. It's nice to know that there could be good news but I think I have to prepare myself for the worst knowing how it's played out previously. I'm fully expecting to be told it's game over again. Thanks for all of your support xxx

strawberrysundae Mon 23-Nov-15 11:44:04

Hi everyone. I had my appointment today and I thought I would let you know that everything is ok! I have a bleed in the uterus but it's away from the baby and the baby is fine. The heartbeat is still flickering away. I am in total disbelief! xx

GoApeShit Mon 23-Nov-15 12:47:35

Wow! Great news OP. So pleased for you.

GloriaHotcakes Mon 23-Nov-15 12:50:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

juneau Mon 23-Nov-15 14:28:07

Congrats OP flowers Glad to hear all is well.

holdmybeer Mon 23-Nov-15 17:15:04

I'm so pleased to see your update. That's fantastic news! grin flowers

1frenchfoodie Mon 23-Nov-15 18:34:57

Great news, thanks for the update, and fingers crossed for the rest of your pregnancy. Hearing the heartbeat is just great isn't it.

HollyJenni Mon 23-Nov-15 21:49:14

So relieved X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now