Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Spotting and pain at 6 weeks? Will 111 do anything??

(8 Posts)
Sian293 Sat 21-Nov-15 22:45:00

Hello

I am 6 weeks pregnant with my 2nd child. I have had on and off period type cramps for weeks but assumed they where normal. I went to the toilet about an hour ago and when I wiped there was brown blood on the tissue. I put a pad in and since then I have very lightly spotted brown/red blood on it, its not heavy at all and no clots or anything. I am having these mild period cramps still though.

I had this in my last pregnancy (I have heavy bleeding but no pain, luckily I went through and had a healthy baby) When I phoned 111 last time they told me to come to the hospital where I spoke to a doctor about the bleeding etc and then I went home. They then booked me in for an internal scan the following day (as EPU was closed)

If I call 111 what are they likely to do? The same? Will they give me a scan now rather than making me wait until Monday? I am really concerned but do not want to waste my time.

Happydays2000 Sat 21-Nov-15 22:52:59

I would call them- it can't do any harm. Hope everything turns out ok x

RoTo72 Sat 21-Nov-15 22:53:17

In exactly the same position as you. 7 weeks 5 days. Period like pain and spotting. Mine has being going on from 10am, tbh I'm not v hopeful. Have epu scan Monday

CockwombleJeff Sat 21-Nov-15 23:18:39

Sounds like implantation X

amysmummy12345 Sun 22-Nov-15 11:47:51

roto tried to get hold of you on other thread, been wondering how you were getting on... Stay positive OP xxx

RoTo72 Sun 22-Nov-15 12:31:37

thanks amys x

HollyJenni Sun 22-Nov-15 17:23:08

How are you now? I'm rooting for you x

DowntonDiva Sun 22-Nov-15 19:26:42

Give them a call. At 4 weeks I had strong cramps and light bleeding. 111 sent me to Urgent care and a quick urine test diagnosed a UTI. Hadn't even crossed my mind! Hope you are ok thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now