Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Belly looks smaller

(6 Posts)
Sunita2016 Sat 21-Nov-15 20:30:32

Hello all,

My 13 week has just begun and I noticed that my belly size looks smaller than how it was in 9-10 weeks. In week 11 and 12, it measured 94 and 95 cms and now it's just 90cms since last 3 days - should I be worried - as this is my first pregnancy and I didn't feel movement yet (not sure what it should feel like). - did anyone of you had similar experince? Should I visit the OB?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Xx

LouLou030783 Sat 21-Nov-15 20:38:23

I wouldn't say it's anything to be worried over as a lot in the earlier weeks our bump is actually a lot of bloat so u may find urself being smaller because the excess bloat is away, as for movement it's your first baby so don't be surprised if u don't feel anything till 20+weeks xxx

Loki17 Sat 21-Nov-15 20:46:11

This happened to me. My first trimester bump was water retention and bloating. My hormones settled down and the bloating went away. Bump followed about a month later for real.

TwigsWithStupidLittleLightsOn Sat 21-Nov-15 20:50:58

Why are you measuring it? You know midwives don't measure fundal height until much, much later in pregnancy? Your uterus will barely be above your pubic bone at this stage, so you're not actually measuring anything useful hmm

I was bigger at 6 weeks than at 13 weeks. Early days is all bloat, then this settles down before a proper bump emerges.

Do yourself a favour, put the measuring tape away and relax.

Junosmum Sat 21-Nov-15 22:59:09

The 'pregnancy' tummy you were seeing was actually bloat/ gas/ wind etc. Your uterus is smaller than an orange and tucked behind your pubic bone until at least 10 weeks, when it is around the size of an orange and starts to peek above your pubic bone.

Sunita2016 Sun 22-Nov-15 07:33:14

Thanks all for the responses. It's really helpful and my worry is gone smile

@TwigsWithStupidLittleLightsOn - yes, I will put away the measuring tape smile

Thanks again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now