Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Scan showed 2 gestational sacs

(2 Posts)
IComeUndone Sat 21-Nov-15 14:46:23

Just been for a second scan as there is/was a risk of an ectopic pregnancy.

The hosp has now put me at 3-4 weeks as they couldn't yet see a yolk sac but hcg levels had more than doubled after a second blood test on Sunday last week.

On today's scan though 2 possible gestational sacs could be seen, sonographer mentioned that the second black spot she could see could possibly be a little bleed but the midwife I saw after said it was possible it was a second sac. I am booked in for another scan next week as today's has been classed as inconclusive, so hopefully I will find out then.
Does anyone have any experience of an early scan showing possible twins this early and what was the outcome?

flippyflapper Sat 21-Nov-15 20:57:40

When I was pregnant with my twins I had a scan and blood test like every week. It wasn't till 6 weeks they actually saw 2 sacs and heartbeats, they didn't see anything at all. But you never no. Try not to panic just yet wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now