Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

fed up now! help please

(8 Posts)
JLK1995 Sat 21-Nov-15 13:57:29

15 days on my period but test still saying negative? Really want to no if I'm pregnant or not, is any one else in the same situation or been in this situation that can advise how much longer I should wait before doing another test?

Junosmum Sat 21-Nov-15 14:18:46

What do you mean, 15 days on your period? If it's 15 days late then you probably aren't pregnant if the testes are neg. If it's 15 days until your period then you probably haven't ovulated yet. If your period has lasted 15 days, get to the dr!

JLK1995 Sat 21-Nov-15 14:20:54

Period is 15 days late lol sorry, I did a test couple of days ago and there was a faint line there I've done one again this morning and it's negative, I feel sick sore boobs usual symptoms but haven't had a definite positive?

Pollyputhtekettleon Sat 21-Nov-15 14:22:26

Sounds more like a hormone thing causing your period to be delayed or not arrive at all. It's quite common. If the tests are negative I think you can assume you aren't at this point. Stranger things have happened but it's unlikely.

JLK1995 Sat 21-Nov-15 15:27:03

Could there be a chance that I've conceived late and that's why it's not showing up? My periods are never late and I defo feel like i might be pregnant

Missingcaffeine Sat 21-Nov-15 16:35:01

A faint line means you are pregnant if it was within the 3 minutes or whatever the test states to wait. To get a faint line or any line requires pregnancy levels of HCG. It may be that the negative test was on more dilute urine so it just didn't pick up enough HCG. It's always best to test on the first sample of the day as any HCG will be in higher concentration in that sample.

Kpo58 Sat 21-Nov-15 16:35:19

Maybe try testing yourself once per week for a while if you are worried. It took 3-4 weeks before I received a positive result.

Its also possible for you to have just missed a period and will go back to normal next month.

JLK1995 Sat 21-Nov-15 16:57:59

Thanks for your advice I really want a positive reading so quite frustrating really

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now