Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Any tips on getting rid of heartburn? :( what helps/helped yo?

(19 Posts)
mrsjoker35 Fri 20-Nov-15 17:58:24

Basically the title , any tips or information would be a great help and is appreciated, thanks!

And Im 39 weeks on Sunday ,just putting that out there lol

CrumpetHead Fri 20-Nov-15 18:12:11

I was 35 weeks yesterday and it's so bad I can hardly sleep at night it keeps waking me up, so I'm watching with interest.

Ranitidine helped me for a few weeks, I was taking one a day then two a day now they just don't seem to work anymore, I think I've become immune hmm (they're 79p a box in b&m bargains but I think they're the prescription version of Zantac)

The only thing that seems to be helping lately is Asda and tesco heartburn and indigestion liquid, it tastes vile but does really help x

CrumpetHead Fri 20-Nov-15 18:12:25

Congrats and good luck btw grin

SweepTheHalls Fri 20-Nov-15 18:12:59

Tums. I get through a lot.

NoArmaniNoPunani Fri 20-Nov-15 18:13:35

Gaviscon and gently bouncing on my birthing ball after eating.

goodnightdarthvader1 Fri 20-Nov-15 18:13:53

Not drinking 15-30 mins before or after a big meal. I just broke that rule and the burping has started already ...

itsmeohlord Fri 20-Nov-15 18:19:34

Peppermint Tea

didireallysaythat Fri 20-Nov-15 18:29:14

Giving birth was the only thing that helped me. Immediate relief.

Sorry - not a lot of help.

Daffydil Fri 20-Nov-15 18:37:08

Omeprazole. Brilliant drug. Beg your gp for it.

fredandme123 Fri 20-Nov-15 19:11:43

Second giving birth as immediate relief! Gaviscion advance is better than standard Gaviscon. Hope you haven't got too long a wait and the birth is uncomplicated.

bluewisteria Fri 20-Nov-15 20:12:27

A large glass of cold milk before bed plus more on hand through the night if necessary. Hope you find something that works for you flowers

ilovehotsauce Fri 20-Nov-15 20:16:02

Omeprazolegrin possibly love it more than dh at the moment! Zatac for over the weekend then gp Monday.

AuntieMaggie Fri 20-Nov-15 20:16:26

Ask your gp/mw to prescribe something - I had two different types of heartburn stuff prescribed - I can't remember what it was called but the most effective one was a chalky liquid you mixed with water. Also sipping cold coca cola.

29herzie Fri 20-Nov-15 20:18:07

I second daffodil. Omeprazole was like a magic pill. One minute it was there the next gone. Ask your GP for a prescription. I was already downing gaviscon 4 x a night at 24 weeks and then 1 tablet a day and the heart burn went. It was recommended to me by my pharmacist DSis who double checked that it's absolutely fine to take in pregnancy. DS is now 1 month old and happily all traces of heart burn are now gone!

RainWildsGirl Sat 21-Nov-15 17:40:17

I have omeprazole (for pre-exisiting reflux) and also a bottle of gaviscon by the bed with a straw I also don't eat after 5.30/6pm and even then, only a light meal.

I also spend the evening on the birthing ball rather than the sofa which seems to help.

spanisharmada Sat 21-Nov-15 17:42:19

Icecream

littlepinkgiraffe Sat 21-Nov-15 18:05:32

Somebody suggested love hearts to me - strange I know but they did provide some relief. Not entirely but I don't think anything does really! Apparently it's the chalky substance of them which helps.

kbro79 Sat 21-Nov-15 18:09:23

Agree about gps and getting omeprazole - it was a godsend. I also found almonds helped to. Carried a bag around with me constantly in the last few weeks of pregnancy.

messyjessy7 Sat 21-Nov-15 21:25:45

I found orange rennies to be a great help. Always had a pocket full. A glass of milk settled it for a while but it soon returned.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now