Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What to eat without making me want to throw up!!

(33 Posts)
Flowersonthewall Fri 20-Nov-15 12:54:37

Just that! Am nearly 7 weeks and suffering with pretty much 24 hour sickness. I find if I eat then it helps but it has to be something salty and carby! otherwise it just makes me throw up. Any suggestions!

TheOriginalWinkly Fri 20-Nov-15 12:56:21

I survived the first trimester on toast, crisps and mini cheddar <healthy>

mrsb26 Fri 20-Nov-15 12:58:28

Snack a jacks grin

Theoldcauliflower Fri 20-Nov-15 13:03:40

Hola hoops, crumpets, and toast, hope you feel better soon. Morning sickness is awfulsad

brookeberry Fri 20-Nov-15 13:21:16

Potato waffles! Some nights they are all I could eat! grin

kate1516 Fri 20-Nov-15 13:23:22

Hash browns, jacket potatoes, cheese. Just take vitamin supplements and shove in some fruit or veg when you can handle. It will pass and you can be healthy then .

Missingcaffeine Fri 20-Nov-15 13:28:23

French fries, crisps, white bread with butter and salt, on a good day I could manage a chicken mayo sandwich with added salt. Think that was my diet for the early weeks of my first pregnancy. I even couldn't go near tea and chocolate which I love.

Make sure you keep well hydrated as I found the sickness was much worse when I didn't drink enough, or hadn't eaten for a while.

CoodleMoodle Fri 20-Nov-15 13:40:34

I lived on mini Ritz crackers for a few weeks! And handfuls of Bran Flakes (no milk). More than made up for it later... And I also found that being hungry made it worse, even though the mere thought of eating made me queasy.

Hope you feel better soon, OP, it's rotten.

Jenijena Fri 20-Nov-15 13:41:30

Crisps and jacket potato. Jacket potato and crisps.

If you're feeling particularly 'healthy', you might manage tuna mayo on the top.

ragged Fri 20-Nov-15 13:48:41

You have to experiment. I went lactose intolerant for most of pregnancy and only figured that out from experimenting. In one pregnancy garlic made me heave, in others I lived on hummus.

Chocolate was safe bet in 3 pregnancies & made me puke in the last one, argh.

Stepawayfromthezebras Fri 20-Nov-15 13:51:26

Cheerios and cream crackers all the way. I've not had morning sickness but in my first trimester all I wanted was plain carbsm

Scoopmuckdizzy Fri 20-Nov-15 13:56:04

I'm living on marmite on toast and haribo at the moment...

mrsmugoo Fri 20-Nov-15 14:00:00

Another vote for potato waffles!

Unfairestofthemall Fri 20-Nov-15 14:01:55

Jacket potatoes, cheesy beans. Pickled onion monster munch and ice lollies. Beans count as one of your five a day so slightly healthy grin

Asteria36 Fri 20-Nov-15 14:06:06

Marmite on toast and crispy duck pancakes by the truckload! I became so addicted to the amazing home-made plum sauce that the restaurant served with the duck that they used to send me home with extra batches to be eaten by the spoonful at home

gandalf456 Fri 20-Nov-15 14:08:25

Walkers Salt and Vinegar

Flowersonthewall Fri 20-Nov-15 14:41:42

Thanks all. Definitely better to eat something than be hungry but still some queasiness last night I didn't eat before bed and I was so bad over night, I'm just not sure what it is I want. Crispy duck sounds amazing might have to send the oh out for that tonight.

It's awful that you're creating a new little person so you should be eating really healthily but all we want are crisp and potato!

Carb monsters!

cloudjumper Fri 20-Nov-15 14:57:13

Toast, hummus, full-fat cream cheese, dips. I tried to counter-act the fat and carbs by eating carrots, tomatoes etc, which were used for dipping...

Don't worry too much about what you are eating, as long as you can keep something down.

frikadela01 Fri 20-Nov-15 15:00:02

I will be taking all these suggestions on board. Also 7 weeks and have a constant feeling of sickness without actually being sick, it's infuriating. I force myself to eat and then the sickness is replaced for a short while by bloody heartburn.

Potato waffles though... mmm I could probably go with that.

dizzylemon Fri 20-Nov-15 15:07:04

Orange ice lollies

RoTo72 Fri 20-Nov-15 16:16:56

I'm making curry for the fourth time this week. Only thing I actually want. Other times been toast. I swing better full blown sickness to food aversion. Oh has just picked me up gin gin hard ginger candies to suck on. They worked when pregnant with ds, tho that was 16yrs ago

Hipotle Fri 20-Nov-15 16:47:21

I'm nearly ten weeks and so far this week the meal plan has been thrown away in favour of potato croquettes and potato gratin. Neither of which were even vaguely homemade or healthy, but they were the only things I could face!!

BabyBNumberThree Fri 20-Nov-15 17:06:46

everyone and every pregnancy is different but for me i could only manage to eat carbs without vomiting again. jacket potatoes, crisps, chips and sandwiches were my diet from weeks 6-20ish

eltsihT Fri 20-Nov-15 17:13:55

Chips and cheese or

Wanton noodle soup. But only from one shop. It was 5 minutes walk from our flat when I was pregnant with ds1. When I was pregnant with ds2 dh would pick it up for me on the way home and drive 30 miles with it. Totally worth it!

Icklepickle101 Fri 20-Nov-15 18:06:12

Really crisp, cold apples were my saviour!!

There is actually quite a bit on google about it helping, I was sceptical due to the acid so imagine it could be faulty kill or cure but it helped me and was better than thousands of carbs!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now