Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Weird lump feeling in throat

(11 Posts)
LouLou030783 Thu 19-Nov-15 18:44:15

Just wondering if anyone else has suffered this I know it sounds odd however every day for the past week it has felt like I have a tablet stuck in my throat and when I swallow it's making me want to puke anyone else have this and know what is could possibly be

MaybeBabyOct2015 Thu 19-Nov-15 19:12:26

Hey, I've had something similar. Gp told me it was a globus : patient.info/health/globus-sensation-leaflet

It can be irritating but it never lasted more than a week or so for me.

I think another reason can be excess stomach acid causing irritation in the throat so using indigestion remedies for a few days might help.

If you are worried though, there is no harm and giving your doc a call so they can put your mind at rest. Hope you feel better soon.

Sunshine511 Thu 19-Nov-15 19:15:49

I was going to say, possibly a side effect of acid reflux. Have you had much heartburn? Worth a visit to the gp I think smile hope it's better soon x

LouLou030783 Thu 19-Nov-15 19:15:50

I was thinking the excess acid thing might try some Gaviscon see if that helps xx

LouLou030783 Thu 19-Nov-15 19:18:08

Na no heartburn at all I've got my booking appointment tomoz so I'll maybe mention it to midwife

toohardtothinkofaname Thu 19-Nov-15 19:35:37

I don't get heartburn but get that lump feeling in my throat. Usually on a night if I'm hungry. I drink milk & it goes

Idefix Thu 19-Nov-15 19:36:25

Might be thyroid related, it can become enlarged during pregnancy. Deffo mention to your midwife.

LouLou030783 Thu 19-Nov-15 20:54:36

Yeah it's not just sometimes it's there constantly, and making me vomit lol xx who's says pregnancy was wonderful? Lol

Dixiechick17 Thu 19-Nov-15 21:31:45

My Dad gets this and has to take a prescribed antacid, he didn't take it last week and the lump came back. Worth a visit to the doctor.

novemberchild Fri 20-Nov-15 02:50:48

I had a nasty sore throat with dc2, and after he was born, I found out my thyroid had stopped working properly, so perhaps that?

toastyarmadillo Fri 20-Nov-15 03:41:47

It could be a variety of things so worth letting a doctor look rather than the midwife. It's most likely to be acid reflux related but other possibilities are swollen epiglotis, tonsil stones or a cyst in your throat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now