Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Oh woe is me...... Fed up/I want to cry

(13 Posts)
jamtartandcustard Thu 19-Nov-15 15:27:06

Doing the school run, I coughed and wee came out :-( I don't think anyone noticed but oh the humiliation. I've had enough

holeinmyheart Thu 19-Nov-15 15:42:17

Aw you poor wee thing( sorry) you have had enough haven't you!
Now I am well past childbearing I am afraid the Wee situation is worse, at least yours will right itself once you have had the baby.
I did do pelvic floor exercises for a few months and things improved but if you don't, then as you get older you will wee your pants. Just a little bit that is why old people pong a bit.
There is nothing glamorous about getting old. Yuck.
Hope all goes well with the baby and then get doing those Pelvic Floor exercises!

MargaretHale Thu 19-Nov-15 15:43:03

Here is a funny story to cheer you up! I had a nasty cold the winter my first was 6 months old. Was determined we were going to a baby class (Sing and Sign) so marched into town with baby in back carrier, when I sneezed and felt wee come out. Instant panic, ran into 3-4 clothes shops, but none had trousers in my size (20 at that time), eventually found some, bought new pants and a pack of tena lady, hurtled into the ladies to change, had to take my Doc Martens off to get my trousers off, find out: I hadn't wet myself after all. Baby crying, me massively hot and bothered, although quite relieved!

clarabellski Thu 19-Nov-15 16:29:21

Oh dear, have some cake

I am wary of sneezing at the moment for the same reason blush

lemon101 Thu 19-Nov-15 18:05:49

I tried to let out a sneaky fart the other day and had the same issue! I was so surprised because I've been pretty good with the pelvic floor exercises, but you can't fight having a child sat on your bladder I guess!

MrsCrimshaw Thu 19-Nov-15 18:08:44

I am quickly learning why people who have had babies say they lose all dignity and don't care who sees what afterwards. I bought paper pants for my hospital bag today. Oh the humiliation! And my OH has kindly brought home some incontinence pads to line the bed in case my waters break at night. They are plasticky and stick to me. I am clinging on to that last scrap of dignity with my fingernails...

jamtartandcustard Thu 19-Nov-15 18:37:28

oh magaret that did make me giggle!
I think I'm just at that stage of complete loss of dignity. I won't even go into this mornings drama with the depilatory cream..... So can't wait to baby to be here. On the plus side dh has his referral for a vasectomy so I don't have to do this again grin

BabyBNumberThree Thu 19-Nov-15 18:41:59

Oh bless you its not nice, how far are you? I'm 34+4 so can sympathise.
Mrscrimshaw - I went to primark the other day to get some black pants to wear the first week after having baby you know just bigger sized ones I could chuck away afterwards. I get home to put in my hospital bag to find I've only bought the huge full briefs that grannys have and they actually come over my full pregnant stomach! grin at least they won't feel snug I just hope they don't keep falling down lolgrin

jamtartandcustard Thu 19-Nov-15 18:50:51

Oh mrscrimshaw it's awful isn't it? Now I've never resorted to paper knickers, I just want to there! Cheap black ones from tescos. I've given up on the bed mats too as I've never had my waters break on their own. All previous 3 births they've been broken mid-labour by the midwives.
I'm usually very prude but with the last 2 once I hit 40 weeks I was practically begging the consultants to stick their fingers up my bits for a sweep. Even worse when one of them was male. blush

teamrigby Fri 20-Nov-15 10:33:40

I bought a couple of packs of the disposable knickers, opened them up and thought - err no!

Ended up buying a couple of cheap dark multipacks from the supermarket.

MrsCrimshaw Fri 20-Nov-15 11:42:32

I got both! Wanted to cover all the bases ;)

jamtart the mind boggles at what happened with the cream! Have to say I've given up trying to keep things trim down there - I can't see it so what does it matter if it's as thick as the Black Forest!

BlackeyedPetitsPois Fri 20-Nov-15 12:39:22

I'm wetting myself on a daily basis now - due next week and fully engaged.

mrscrimshaw I've got some puppy training pad thingies from the pound shop to put on the bed just in case. They aren't plasticky and don't rustle or stick. In fact they are almost identical to the ones they use in hospital.

I'll also second the cheapo multipack knickers over disposable ones any day.

flowers to you all!

Kaytee1987 Sat 21-Nov-15 12:49:45

Oh no poor you! If it makes you feel any better my friend wet herself whilst throwing, up in front of us. We all laugh about it now but she must have been mortified at the time. The things us women put ourselves through xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now