Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

diarrhea alert :(

(15 Posts)
fairydust85 Wed 18-Nov-15 20:33:20

Been twice since getting home from work at 5pm. 1st time was a dash to the toilet moment. 2nd time I think was because I dared eat something. Hard to tell if this is preg symptom or a bug. Anyone experienced anything similar??

fairydust85 Wed 18-Nov-15 20:42:34

I'm 5 weeks btw

LouLou030783 Wed 18-Nov-15 20:48:06

I had this problem for a cpl of weeks was going 2/3 times a day however now I seem to be on the other side of things x

Sairelou Wed 18-Nov-15 21:01:40

I never had morning sickness throughout either of my pregnancies, however I had diarrhoea terribly in the first trimester. Drink plenty of fluids and get some rest thanks

socktastic Wed 18-Nov-15 21:17:23

What I'd give for diarrhea just now. Not done a proper poo in about a week!

fairydust85 Wed 18-Nov-15 21:17:50

Thanks this makes me feel better. Just been for a shower and feel more human already. I'm worried about it happening at work lol I guess if I have to go, I have to go :-/

Vap0 Wed 18-Nov-15 21:43:10

fairy so pleased you posted this! I've had this for the last 2 days, luckily only in the evening when I eat a proper meal. Hope it doesn't get worse as am in a car all day and could be URGH! I'm early 3w 4d. When did yours start? Been googling it and they say it is a common symptom but less common than constipation. I think I'd rather have the runs!

fairydust85 Wed 18-Nov-15 22:29:34

Haha nice to know someone's in he same boat. I seem to get tummy ache every morning lately but once I've gone to the toilet it passes. I'd say that's happened the past 4 or 5 days, today just took it to a new level lol.

fairydust85 Thu 19-Nov-15 07:25:59

And it continues sad not even eaten anything yet. Are we allowed to take imodium?

LouLou030783 Thu 19-Nov-15 07:58:41

I'm not sure double check with pharmacy they will be able to give u some advice x

fairydust85 Thu 19-Nov-15 08:07:28

I googled it and it says not to take imodium. I've just had a cereal bar and am currently tly very nervous about the working day ahead. I've had issues with ny workplace recently which resulted in them telling me if I have anymore days off with illness they will sack me. So its not like I can just stay at home til it passes cos I won't have a job to go bk to sad

LouLou030783 Thu 19-Nov-15 08:34:17

Aww no that's horrific maybe contact docs and find out if there is anything else u can take x

fairydust85 Thu 19-Nov-15 15:58:49

I think i might try and ring someone after work cos it's not getting any better sad grrrr it's embarrassing

Sairelou Thu 19-Nov-15 20:23:46

Unfortunately you can't take Imodium as it dehydrates you. You can however take dioralyte.

If you tell your manager at work that you are pregnant then they have to keep it confidential and they can't sack you for being sick.

fairydust85 Fri 20-Nov-15 17:37:02

Thank you for that, only just got on here to see your comment. I didn't want to tell him yet cos I feel it's like tempting fate and jinxing things lol but think I might have to soon if this is gonna continue

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now