Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnant after late miscarriage and terrified

(7 Posts)
marmiteontoast76 Wed 18-Nov-15 19:07:59

Really needing some support. We lost our baby at 20 weeks in early Sept, no causes found. I'm now 6 weeks preg again and I'm not coping well at all. I was desperate to get preg again to replace what we had lost but now it feels so soon and I'm in a mess.

Have an early scan next week plus have been referred to consultant gyno.

Just so scared of another late loss. Can't believe I'm putting myself through this again. I already have 2 dcs and this is my 4th pregnancy. I'm nearly 40.

Any positive stories after loss would be appreciated.

wonkylegs Wed 18-Nov-15 19:13:24

I know exactly where you are coming from we lost our last baby at 17wks this time last year, I am 15+ 3 atm and it has been stressful to say the least. I'm consultant led anyway due to my health but my consultant has been fab and I have an extra reassurance scan this Friday to help with my stress levels. To be fair this pregnancy feels different and I am trying to stay positive, not always succeeding but trying. I think if I can make it past Christmas I will feel a lot better. I refuse to do anything for the baby until then and have only told a few people we may tell a few more after Friday.

marmiteontoast76 Wed 18-Nov-15 19:18:34

Hi wonkeylegs (great name). So sorry for your loss, I know how devastating it is. Thank you for replying. Can imagine how anxious you feel at the moment - do you have counselling? I've been having it since the loss and think it's helping a bit. I suffer from anxiety and obsessive thoughts anyway so this is going to be a rough ride.

wonkylegs Wed 18-Nov-15 19:26:41

I didn't have counselling but had some support from some amazing friends and my MW has given me details of a self referral service if I need it. I've been going for distraction (work / reading / charity work) and cuddles from my 7yo.

Brummiegirl15 Wed 18-Nov-15 19:53:45

I'm so sorry for your loss. I've not had a late miscarriage, but I've had 3 losses, one after the other at 10 weeks.

I'm now however on attempt number 4 and I'm 29 weeks and I'm utterly terrified, so I completely understand how you feel.

My recurrent mc consultant and my obstetric consultant have both been amazing. I was told every single pregnancy is genetically different. New egg , new lining , new sperm and new start. I had to believe it and told myself every day that " today I'm pregnant"

My 20 week scan was something like number 5! Regular consultant appts.

Just take each day as it comes and talk to people like us on mumsnet.

Hugs

3littlebadgers Wed 18-Nov-15 20:06:31

So many mothers in our possition! I wonder at my hospital appointments if I am the only one, but after being on mumsnet, I know differently.
I am so sorry for all of you losses flowers and I hope with all of my heart that this time next year we will all be sat with our tiny rainbow babies.
I am 28 weeks after losing my dd2 at 40+5 and, despite all going well, I am anxious like never before. Please lean on the midwives etc as much as you need to, and do whatever you can to get yourselves through this time. One thing for certain is we have to get through it, so do whatever makes it easier. I pmed a couple of you with a link to another ongoing thread for mums, pregnant after loss, but I will post it here too just in case anyone else could benefit from reading it. www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/2366571-Angels-and-Rainbows-remembering-our-angels-and-praying-for-our-rainbows?
All, except three of us, have given birth to their beautiful healthy children. It might bring some of you reasurance to see that here have been happy endings for other mummies in our possition.

Newlywed123 Wed 18-Nov-15 20:47:17

Try not to worry too much. I lost my first born at 23 weeks. I also fell pregnant quickly I then had 2 Early miscarriages. But I now have a healthy 18 month old and I'm 28 weeks pregnant smile. I've had to have precautions put into place to prevent another late loss but all is well. Relax and stay positive. I'm sending you lots of baby dust and sticky vibes!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now