Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

When do you start getting pregnancy symptoms?

(12 Posts)
CandyCrush77 Wed 18-Nov-15 18:08:23

Had unprotected sex on Sunday (day i was supposed to ovulate) and Monday, Tuesday. Am I being totally ridiculous in expecting to feel differently at all? Feel like I am getting PMT symptoms which I usually do almost straight after ovluation which obv means I am not preggers. My yongest is 5 and I cannnot for the life of me remember if I noticed anything at such an early stage.

Kaytee1987 Wed 18-Nov-15 18:47:57

Hey even if egg was fertilised it won't have implanted yet so you don't get symptoms. Apparently it takes around 6 days to implant xx

BexusSugarush Wed 18-Nov-15 19:53:23

Some women don't get any symptoms for months, and many early pregnancy symptoms are similar to those preluding your period. Best way to know is to take a test as soon as you're sure of an accurate result. Best of luck either way!

mrsmugoo Wed 18-Nov-15 20:00:54

I didn't get any symptoms at all until 7 weeks pregnant (3 weeks after my bfp)

PeppasNanna Wed 18-Nov-15 20:15:21

Always week 5 for me...all 7 pregnancies!

SparklyTinselTits Wed 18-Nov-15 20:18:13

I found out I was pg with DD at 5 weeks...and started puking my guts up about a week or so later sad

Oysterbabe Wed 18-Nov-15 22:11:23

It's too early for symptoms.

TwllBach Wed 18-Nov-15 22:22:47

Found out at 5 weeks and had suspected for about 2 and had tested... But no proper symptoms until 6 weeks and 3 days... At which point I felt disgustingly hungover for the next ten weeks!

NotEmptyNow Wed 18-Nov-15 22:26:02

I started feeling nauseous and normal period-coming symptoms at 3 1/2 weeks. I think just after ovulation would be incredibly early but I do know someone who knew she was pregnant because of a familiar food aversion the day after conception!

fatandfurious5 Wed 18-Nov-15 22:52:51

For me it was around the week 6/7 mark (plus missed period, had normal period pain rumblings on due day but nothing materialised). I did have a rather vivid dream about being pregnant around what would have been the time of conception that made me wonder if it was a sign, DP said it was just because I wanted to be pregnant..... he's probably right, as usual.

MummySparkle Wed 18-Nov-15 22:55:41

I knew I was pregnant with DS before I got a positive test. I just felt different, but I can't really pinpoint why. I think I had similar with DD as well. Generally tingly boobs and just feeling pregnant really - no real way to explain it!

MaisieDotes Wed 18-Nov-15 22:55:58

I've had swollen and tender breasts about a week to ten days after ovulation, so weeks 3- 4.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now