Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Think baby is engaged (or engaging)

(4 Posts)
teamrigby Wed 18-Nov-15 11:00:29

36+1 and I think baby is head down and bum on left, kicking and poking me solidly in the right-hand side.

Didn't sleep to well last night and baby would start crazy kicking me when I tried to lie on my right side.

Off to see the midwife at lunchtime today so I will see where she thinks baby is smile

Drafted my birthing plan too in readiness as believe were going through that as well.

Really did contemplate a stay-in-bed day today - but nope, dragged myself into work :/

Everythinggettingbigger Wed 18-Nov-15 12:20:03

my DS was engaged from 33 weeks but still went 5 days over, I think there's 5 stages of engaging. Either way not long to go for you congratulations! you must be finishing work soon too grin

As for birth plan please don't be disheartened if it doesn't go to plan, I didn't have one but I just knew I didn't want an epidural......56 hours later, one drip, one epidural, an episiotomy and forceps later he was finally born. (please don't think i'm trying to scare you, just letting you know most plans don't happen the way you expect) you might go that quick your birth plan doesn't get a second look! Good Luck flowers

teamrigby Wed 18-Nov-15 13:55:19

Thanks Everythinggettingbigger I know - its more for my peace of mind - that I have thought of things lol

Finishing work next Friday and it couldn't come quicker! certain people are really starting to annoy me now!

Midwife confirmed they way baby was laying but said that head has not quite dropping yet, she said its hovering above where it should be which is all good.

I'm really struggling with the not knowing when. I am a very organised time of person and it is this 'it could come at any time between now and the 27th December' that is really frustrating for me grrrr coupled with being so uncomfortable sad

Everythinggettingbigger Wed 18-Nov-15 14:34:43

it is very frustrating considering you seem a bit like me, slightly OCD and need to know exactly lol I was due on 3rd November, baby was engaged for 7 weeks prior to due date, got told from 35 weeks to be prepared for it to happen any day, had all kinds of pains from 35 weeks kept thinking, "is this it".....I remember crying on bonfire night because I was so fed, I went into labour the next morning!

I know its so annoying to hear but seriously, enjoy this time, you will never put yourself first again, even with the best intentions of having "you time" lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now